Moto X 2014 How much more would 500mAh give?

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: How much more would 500mAh give?

Yes, and those are really the only things they could be because YMMV with battery and camera. I watch and like Michael Fisher on Pocketnow and he said the same things but he did say the battery life could get you through a day if careful which is always enough for me which I rarely need more than 12 hours aways from a charger. And since we have similar tastes, when he says at the end he has ordered one for himself, I was glad I had already ordered one!

Not trying to convince you either way. Good luck in your decision!

I hear ya.

Definitely post your impressions when you get it! I'm still curious.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site

I posted this on the battery life thread, but I just got my Power Pack Micro and it's awesome. $40 for an extra 1500 mAh battery with BT connectivity and smart features in a TINY package.

This little device ends any battery life concerns for me once and for all, and that's saying nothing of the turbo charger (of which I also bought two). I'd rather have the perfect (for me) phone in terms of features, fit and finish, and performance, and be able to flexibly use these optional tools to get me the real-world usage I need based on the situation... than to pay more for a bulkier phone with a bigger battery that gives me some assurance I could make it through the unlikely worst-case scenario of being completely away from a charger or battery for an entire day or more.

nonstopski

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

I posted this on the battery life thread, but I just got my Power Pack Micro and it's awesome. $40 for an extra 1500 mAh battery with BT connectivity and smart features in a TINY package.

This little device ends any battery life concerns for me once and for all, and that's saying nothing of the turbo charger (of which I also bought two). I'd rather have the perfect (for me) phone in terms of features, fit and finish, and performance, and be able to flexibly use these optional tools to get me the real-world usage I need based on the situation... than to pay more for a bulkier phone with a bigger battery that gives me some assurance I could make it through the unlikely worst-case scenario of being completely away from a charger or battery for an entire day or more.

I keep a pretty light set of keys with me, and a very slim wallet, so that power pack micro is a little bit of a nuisance to me, but I'm thinking of getting it anyway, seeing if I want it all the time, or just bring it on special days where I know I need it.

I'm still curious about these rumors of turbo chargers destroying batteries. I find it hard to believe a device motorola is selling itself would actually destroy/do harm to their own phone's battery?

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site

I keep a pretty light set of keys with me, and a very slim wallet, so that power pack micro is a little bit of a nuisance to me, but I'm thinking of getting it anyway, seeing if I want it all the time, or just bring it on special days where I know I need it.

I'm still curious about these rumors of turbo chargers destroying batteries. I find it hard to believe a device motorola is selling itself would actually destroy/do harm to their own phone's battery?

This thing is REALLY small -- smaller than a Tic-Tac container. I think it ought to lend itself well to a very wide range of use cases and constraints.

As for the turbo chargers, my understanding is that Moto built the new X with circuitry that protects the battery beyond just stopping the rapid charging after it has added the quoted "8 hours of battery life in 15 minutes". Hope that holds true.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

This thing is REALLY small -- smaller than a Tic-Tac container. I think it ought to lend itself well to a very wide range of use cases and constraints.

As for the turbo chargers, my understanding is that Moto built the new X with circuitry that protects the battery beyond just stopping the rapid charging after it has added the quoted "8 hours of battery life in 15 minutes". Hope that holds true.

Last week's AC podcast they touched on rapid charging and potential failures(fire). It is a very fine line they are walking with this type of technology. You are forcing a large amount of energy into a very small space rapidly. If anything goes wrong... you just discovered combustion ;)

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site

Last week's AC podcast they touched on rapid charging and potential failures(fire). It is a very fine line they are walking with this type of technology. You are forcing a large amount of energy into a very small space rapidly. If anything goes wrong... you just discovered combustion ;)

Gah! I only listened for the first 30 minutes or so. Missed that part. Ah, well. We shall see!

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I think anything would've helped the Moto X.

Honestly, though, even if it was 2800 mAH, it would have gotten flak, but it should've at least been 2800.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Gah! I only listened for the first 30 minutes or so. Missed that part. Ah, well. We shall see!
They are not going to put in a technology that they have not extensively tested and risk injuries and lawsuits. It is utilizing Qualcomm technology as well. So it will charge fast when the phone is on low battery and hopefully regulate it thermally. When the battery is fuller it will charge more slowly, so it's not like you will get super fast charge for the full battery.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site

They are not going to put in a technology that they have not extensively tested and risk injuries and lawsuits. It is utilizing Qualcomm technology as well. So it will charge fast when the phone is on low battery and hopefully regulate it thermally. When the battery is fuller it will charge more slowly, so it's not like you will get super fast charge for the full battery.

Understood and agreed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress