Moto X 2014 ART enabled

lsulaker

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Do any of you have ART enabled on your 2014 moto x? I do, but can't tell if it does anything.

I also have had two random reboots in two days. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with ART enabled.

yscty

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: ART enabled

Not that it matters but I'm running ART on my OG Moto X and it does seem to be bit more snappy...

Posted via Android Central App

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site

Do any of you have ART enabled on your 2014 moto x? I do, but can't tell if it does anything.

I also have had two random reboots in two days. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with ART enabled.

I switched to ART the second day I had my X and it has been running fine. No odd behavior, crashes or reboots at all. I think some apps maybe load just slightly faster now, but not enough to make it really noticeable.

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Just switched about 15 minutes ago. I'll post again with my experience.

I used it on my original Moto X, and I think there was one app that I had problems with - but I can't remember now :)

dst3r

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

I'm on day three with my new X and switched to ART yesterday. So far no ill effects but I don't notice the difference like I did on my M7 (SD600 at 1.7). Maybe it'll help with battery life a little.

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Just switched about 15 minutes ago. I'll post again with my experience.

I used it on my original Moto X, and I think there was one app that I had problems with - but I can't remember now :)

After 1 day, I haven't noticed any issues, except Runkeeper having a problem - but I am on a beta - so that is most likely the problem. As the other poster said, I also haven't noticed much of a difference, whether in speed of apps or in battery. Definitely isn't as noticeable as the Moto X 2013.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress