thinking about it!

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, 3 days after posting "my Nexus 4 is still running like new" It looks like my battery may be on the way out, it is 16 months old and the serial number says it was built 22 months ago so I guess the usual factory reset may be in vain.
I feel the Nexus 6 maybe too big and I can get a X 2014 for £100 less, My Nexus 4 was still more than fine in performance, I still have 8.89 gig free of 16 gb.
Would this be a good upgrade? I need my phone and Nexus 6 says 'coming soon' and the Nexus 5 may already be old stock like my Nexus 4, I hate changing fixed batteries as dust always seems to magically appear somewhere.
I can get X next day delivery! Shall I do it?
Or any better phone for me?
Cheers.

Rourke24

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey dude.

I'm in same boat, I'm thinking of moving to x2014 from nexus 5, but cannot seem to find a 32gb model anywhere on contract! You planning on buying phone outright?

Posted via Android Central App

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I use a giffgaff sim. Had a bad experience trying to leave a contact on the two occasions I have had them.

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Looking at Amazon. Says 2 weeks from Motorola site. Amazon are selling the color scheme I probably would have chosen anyway. Can have it in my hand tomorrow. It's from Amazon not a third party supplier.

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Hmm they actually have black leather and black resin! I don't do choices. I wonder if the resin one is more durable?

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I have the resin one it is very nice. Be mindful of buying from Motorola had to deal with them twice in two months for not notifying me when something shipped. My phone was literally out for delivery and I didn't know it had even left Motorola.

Posted via the Android Central App

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered the leather one, it was £5 cheaper tracked courier from Amazon should be here tomorrow, got to wait until Monday for a Nano sim though! Unless I attempt a trim.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You won't be disappointed. I still have my Nexus 4, but like you the battery was getting questionable (and my headphone jack went kaput long ago) so I bought the Moto X. It feels like a Nexus phone, with only the barest of software tweaks by Motorola. I'm perfectly happy with it, even if I do kind of miss my disco ball back. And hey, bonus, it's likely to receive Lollipop before the 4 does!

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I love my Nexus 4, there's not a mark on it, reason for this is indeed the 1970's roller disco style back, without a bumper it used to walk to the edge and jump off any smooth surface I put it on, I understand they added 2 tiny rubber feet to stop this, sadly mine doesn't have them, looking forward to going naked and can't wait for the Nexus 6 to be released in UK, which maybe too big for me anyway, the X +1 make be too big for me tbh.

Caezar07

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
There HAS to be a black Friday deal going on somewhere for this phone. If I can find it for $350, I will most definitely be making the upgrade from my Nexus 5. If cost is a factor in your decision, I suggest either waiting until black Friday, or until January. If I remember correctly, the price on the original Moto X dropped very soon after Christmas.

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
It came today, I got impatient and tried to make my micro sim a nano and broke it! So will have to wait, I ordered a new one yesterday.
First impressions, slightly disappointed with the unboxing experience, nowhere near the unboxing of my N4, the lead and the charger seem very cheap. Pleased with the phone on wi fi though and maybe the resin is the better plan, the leather has marks already, part of the appeal I guess, I thought it would be hard wearing like the leather on my steering wheel.

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Going to set it up properly today, I think I was a little let down and was expecting the wow factor that I got when I went from a single core 512 Meg zte to my Nexus. Then going from a Nexus 4 with Nova on turbo and light browser back to a clunky Google Now and chrome experience was maybe not the best.
Impressed by the 12 hours with 5 sot on the first charge with 40% remaining, I guess not having a sim installed is the cause of this.