Is it possible to install the Samsung Galaxy stock calculator on my Moto X (2014)?

TomoTLe

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
So I recently transferred from a Galaxy S4, but have been a Moto fan all my life. I had a Photon Q previous, which broke after 2yrs of use, so a friend gave me an S4 to use until the 2nd Gen X came out. The one thing that I really love about the galaxy is the stock calculator. It was an extremely handy app that I came to rely on at work, as a courier. I love that it displays up to 4 lines of text and scrolls down infinitely afterward. I also loved the ability to reselect values and edit them/add more values anywhere I needed. Not to mention the beautiful design and layout of the app. Unfortunately, the stock calculator on the new X doesn't allow either option. I can't edit previous values and it only displays 1 line that scrolls annoyingly in a horizontal direction. I tried and installed many 3rd party calculators and can't find one that replicates the galaxy's features.

So long story short, is there ANY way that I can install any kind of Galaxy calculator on my 2nd Gen X? I tried searching this but couldnt find anything. I was able to download the apk file for the stock calculator that comes with the S3, but it won't ever run, just says "Calculator has stopped working."

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Could be the s3 calc app is recognizing its not touchwiz launcher.

Part of me still wants to say that there are some coder(s) out there that know the way.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I am sure someone over at xda has a standalone apk for a Samsung calculator. Just do some searching/asking. I used to grab standalone apks for HTC clock apps and others. It should be theoretically possible with Samsung apps as well. You just have to find a dev to do it or has done it already.

Sent from my XT1096

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
So long story short, is there ANY way that I can install any kind of Galaxy calculator on my 2nd Gen X? I tried searching this but couldnt find anything. I was able to download the apk file for the stock calculator that comes with the S3, but it won't ever run, just says "Calculator has stopped working."

after doing a quick search, I bumped into this calculator app... have you tried this one out?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=mobi.appplus.calculator.plus&token=G1ognhNb
(check out the video in the link too)

looks like it has multiple rows, and you can click on a digit to change it.... features:

Description
Your calculator has any features such as: touching to edit number and operator, reusing previous calculation result for the next calculation, sharing and storing result with note app? —> Calc+ can do all of them.
Calc+ is the special calculation app. It is the smartest and the most powerful until now. Besides, the interface was designed user-friendly with flat style, and more beautiful themes.
Specific features compared with other apps:
★ Calculate numbers with operators and display each calculation on one line, you can take a look at all of your calculations.
★ Reuse the previous result for continuing to calculate.
★ Allow editing numbers and operators when you input incorrect them at any position.
★ Update calculation ’s result automatically in concern with edited numbers or operators, reduce effort for calculating.
★ Share the calculation ’s history for your friend easily, or store it with some note ’s apps.
★ Store calculation ’s history for continuing to calculate later.
★ More themes are suitable for your interests. (Material design, Android L Theme...)

it actually looks like a great as well as customizable calculator, many themes and fonts to choose from

TomoTLe

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I have not stumbled upon this Calc yet, thanks so much for this! Really great app, does exactly what I need and looks very nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699