Google Now prompt/beep not working

ougrad1

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
So I just got my new Moto x and when I go to use google now prompt, it comes on but theres no beep. There is no verbal talk back when I need to enter a pin like it use to on my 2013 edition(android 4.4) either. In addition, I notice that while im in vibrate, it will change my sound settings out of vibrate and basically increase the volume for media so when I click around, i hear the audible "click" too. WTF?

THe google now talk back search responses seem to work fine but the volume sort of fades in and higher as it starts to talk back. Basically, the initial beep and voice upon activating google now doesn't work but responses with search or weather, etc. work ok. I made sure my media volume was up and that didn't help.

Any thoughts or anyone else have this issue? Thank you in advance for any help you guys can provide.

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I started noticing this issue as well. I'd say about 10-20% of the time, the prompt does not make a sound. It definitely comes on most of the time though.

Has this issue reoccurred for anyone?

Posted via the Android Central App

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I started noticing this issue as well. I'd say about 10-20% of the time, the prompt does not make a sound. It definitely comes on most of the time though.

Has this issue reoccurred for anyone?

A quick update on this. I cleared data for the Google search app - that seems to have corrected the issue.

RevLauren

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Same problem. Had to switch out my Note 7 for a new one at Verizon due to the recall. Now I get nothing but a vibration accessing OK, Google. The beep is the only audible clue that the phone is ready to listen. So what is up with this? Anyone know?

vinnie888ak

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
Hmm well I just use Google voice again. And when I have Bluetooth on. It beeps. revlauren i think your just like me. You like to hear the beep. So like if you have it on the table and you like to ask it something. You know when to say it. If you dont have a Bluetooth on.

brad7529

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
So I just got my new Moto x and when I go to use google now prompt, it comes on but theres no beep. There is no verbal talk back when I need to enter a pin like it use to on my 2013 edition(android 4.4) either. In addition, I notice that while im in vibrate, it will change my sound settings out of vibrate and basically increase the volume for media so when I click around, i hear the audible "click" too. WTF?

THe google now talk back search responses seem to work fine but the volume sort of fades in and higher as it starts to talk back. Basically, the initial beep and voice upon activating google now doesn't work but responses with search or weather, etc. work ok. I made sure my media volume was up and that didn't help.

Any thoughts or anyone else have this issue? Thank you in advance for any help you guys can provide.

Turning on an accessibility setting will correct the problem as it somehow results from accessibility being off. Personally settings, accessibility, switch access (on) is what fixed mine. It shouldn't actually change anything, as in you won't notice it's even on. You can find another that works for you through trial and error... Turning on some of the others didn't work so test after each until you find 1. Good luck! It was making me crazy too!

Chief04

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the information. I had the very same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Active. I went into settings, Personal, Accessibility, then scrolled down to Voice Access and turned it on. My OK google sound prompt began to work again. I would have never known to have done that so I hope this helps someone else who is having the same issues with OK Google prompt/beep not working. Thanks Again!!

HritwRaje

May 20, 2015
Visit site

I got Greenify and hibernate everything I could find. System and installed. (just the ones I felt safe.. Not the fingerprint and stuff like that.) and to my surprise, Google Now beep works like a charm!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress