Verizon owners and Lollipop

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
For those who are on Verizon, how long did it take you to get Lollipop after it was released? Did Lollipop do anything in terms of making the battery last longer?

Thanks

K_Daddy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I got my moto x just before new years. When I turned it on it updated to Lollipop. I never saw it running KitKat.

Posted via the Android Central App

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The Ota happen 2 weeks after source code dropped, if memory serves. I updated immediately.

Battery life has been about the same. No big changes up or down. Google services run in the background much more, but no other noticeable changes in relation to battery life.

Overall, it is a pretty close to flawless update. The few bugs that exist are minor. Do not believe all the gloom and doom spread around the forums about lollipop. It is a solid OS update.

Sent from my XT1096

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I bought my moto x on cyber Monday, and mine too updated to lollipop upon first startup.

I can, however, say that lollipop runs great on my phone.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I bought my moto x on cyber Monday, and mine too updated to lollipop upon first startup.

I can, however, say that lollipop runs great on my phone.

Same here. If I'm not mistaken, I think the VZW X'14 was the first carrier phone to get Lollipop. Hoping we'll be the first to get 5.1 too, sooner than later.