My Moto X 2014 is getting buggy

CF-105

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Over the last week or two, my moto X has started getting buggy. Camera wrist flick doesn't work. Hotspot doesn't work. Calls don't always display, but do ring. Etc. Just lots of issues that are limiting the usability of it. It never has seemed as solid since the upgrade to 5.0.

So, is a full factory reset in order? Any tips before doing it?

Posted via the Android Central App

JoseGui

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I've got a little glitchiness on my Pure Edition, mostly just some lag and not usability issues. I'm planning to wait for 5.1 and then do a full reset.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Maybe do a system cache wipe first? Then if that doesn't help, I definitely agree with Golfdriver97 that doing a factory reset is your best bet.

TANDC

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
100% agree! Voice commands use to be spot on and good accuracy on words. Now 1/2 the time it will not launch, 1/2 words are missed not even close.

Who wants to reset there phone every few weeks...seriously?

JoseGui

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Who wants to reset there phone every few weeks...seriously?

I suspect no one. A system cache wipe takes maybe 2 mins counting reboot time. A full reset can be a huge investment of time, and is only worth it if you're having serious issues.

spun2u

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Maybe do a system cache wipe first? Then if that doesn't help, I definitely agree with Golfdriver97 that doing a factory reset is your best bet.

Didn't work for me. I did a system cache wipe, didn't work. Then I did a factory reset, didn't fix it. I bought from motomaker with 5.0. This thing is buggy as hell.

CF-105

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Did the reset. Better, but still buggy.

One of the reasons I bought this phone was the promise of fast Android updates. Not anymore, it seems.

TANDC

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
The phone was great with the old system, nothing helped from hard resets etc.

It was a mess then to have to call Motorola tech support was the final straw, the out source to some 3rd world country and its like having your eye poked out!

Samsung S6 Edge upgraded and its proof its that hardware not the software!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699