Problem with 7 Pro and Garmin Vivoactive smartwatch

HighwayBob

Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
I have an issue with my 7 Pro and my Garmin Vivoactive3.

I had experienced this with my 6 also but was convinced it was the phone itself which led me to trade up to the 7 Pro, but the same thing has been happening with the new 7 Pro.

I have Garmin Connect installed and tend to keep my phone notifications off and just depend on my wrist notifications through Connect for what I consider to be important apps (messages, phone, etc). I initially started doing this with my Pixel 3aXL and had no problems - rock solid reliability with regards to the notifications.

The problem is I end up not getting many notifications - they just don't get transmitted to the watch. I just chatted with Google Support and they're useless - had me clear BT data and was "certain" that would work. Then they wanted me to do a factory reset. Sorry, the phone is a few weeks old and I'm not wiping it and spending all that time rebuilding my environment.

Since it was a problem with my 6 I would assume it's a software or BT stack issue and not a hardware defect.

I just want to be able to rely on my wrist notifications again.

Any suggestions are appreciated. I searched online and found some suggestions to fix a similar issue on the 6 but the developer option involved doesn't exist on my 7 Pro, so I'm at a loss here.

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Um if it the same thing happens with 2 different phones that kind of points to the watch as being the issue in my eyes. Granted both phones may be running the same exact software for the phone but my money is on the garmin software being the problem. Hope I'm wrong for your sake.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Are the missed notifications happening when multiple notifications are already displayed on the watch? I have the VA4 and have noticed if I have multiple different notifications currently displayed, it'll eventually stop giving me additional new notifications. I figure it's a case of them guessing you already know you have notifications waiting, so adding more on top would be pointless in Garmin's view.

I suggest you try contacting their support, or maybe ask on their user forums for other suggestions.

HighwayBob

Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
Are the missed notifications happening when multiple notifications are already displayed on the watch? I have the VA4 and have noticed if I have multiple different notifications currently displayed, it'll eventually stop giving me additional new notifications. I figure it's a case of them guessing you already know you have notifications waiting, so adding more on top would be pointless in Garmin's view.

I suggest you try contacting their support, or maybe ask on their user forums for other suggestions.

I will reach out to Garmin but as I said I had zero issues with my 3a XL and the same watch.

It's only single notifications. I have never let them stack up.

JStu313

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried turning on phone connection alerts on your Garmin? I don't normally keep it on, but it's good to diagnose if your watch keeps dropping the Bluetooth connection.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz