Google play music bugging

rssethi_6

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi there
I am facing problem with Google play music app. It stops working sometimes. If I open the app second or third time in a day, the app opens but the music doesn't play. And I need to force stop the app in app settings and then it starts playing the music. Its a weird issue but I hope you can educate me regarding this.

Noah Martin

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
Well I don't know much about this but here are some suggestions.
1) Do a partition wipe. It doesn't hurt your data and info. See if that fixes it.
2) If worse comes to worse, factory reset it. It will clear everything and might fix it.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Well I don't know much about this but here are some suggestions.
1) Do a partition wipe. It doesn't hurt your data and info. See if that fixes it.
2) If worse comes to worse, factory reset it. It will clear everything and might fix it.

Before you do these suggestions you could try clearing the cache and data from the app itself. You could also uninstall and reinstall the app.

Jordan Sheppard

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I also consistently have the same issue. I end up having to restart the phone to get it work. It also happens in my z3 and my iPhone 6. Are you streaming via WiFi or via carrier data?

Posted via the Android Central App

rssethi_6

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
No. I just play the music available on my device's storage memory. And I always force stop the app and then start the app again and after that it works fine(for that moment).

Jordan Sheppard

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing it has something to do with the app cache. I love my google play premium but its getting more and more annoying to deal with that.

jordandj24

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing it has something to do with the app cache. I love my google play premium but its getting more and more annoying to deal with that.

I was having the same issue with my Google Music app. I just canceled my premium and signed up for Spotify. I think they have better playlists as well.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
All access pisses me off on a daily basis. If I open chrome while listening to music , half of the time the music app completely closes. Not pauses itself but acts like I just forced closed it so I have to stop what I'm doing and reload the app. I use Snapchat fairly often as well and if I take a snap with the front camera everything is fine but as soon as I switch to the rear camera play music once again seems to force close itself. Same with opening Gopgle Maps among others.

If I recall correctly, this didn't happen on KitKat so I'm thinking maybe it's got something to do with Lollipops memory issues?

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I've had random issues like that frequently on my Nexus 5 and Moto X since lollipop came out. It's getting quite frustrating. It's really unfortunate because I think Play All Access is the best in terms of what it offers (songza integration, uploading your own music, modifying track tags for subscription music, etc...) but the bugs are getting hard to deal with.