CyanogenMod 13 Thread

anon(9029232)

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I have recently flashed CM13 to my Moto X and I wanted to start a thread for anyone else who has done the same. Here we can talk about any bugs with CM13 and just our overall thoughts on the ROM. So if anyone has flashed or wants to flash CM13, leave a comment!

Posted via the Moto X Pure (2nd Gen.) running CM13 w/ Nova Prime

ljredeye

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested. Problem is the last time I rooted an Android phone, the first one was bricked and the second one committed suicide before WonderCon. I'm a little scared if I do root my Moto X and not get it back to working order.

anon(9029232)

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
It is really simple. All you need is the adb drivers on your computer and learn a few simple commands (and get your unlock code from motorola) and you'll be able to unlock your bootloader and then either use the autoroot method or flash TWRP and then flash SuperSU. Or if you flash CM13 in TWRP you can use the built in root manager that is in the developer options on CM13 (which is what I'm trying out right now). But you can find a tutorial for all of these things on the XDA forums that explain everything step by step. I have unlocked the bootloaders and installed custom ROMs on many phones and tablets and I have never once bricked one. All I did was follow the tutorials for whichever phone/tablet I was using.

Posted via the Moto X Pure (2nd Gen.) running CM13 w/ Nova Prime