Leather back?

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
For those of you who ordered the leather back - how are you liking it so far? i am thinking of getting a Droid Turbo 2 with a leather back, but I have nothing to compare it against as I usually just keep my phones naked/no case. I'd imagine that the Moto X pure leather back would be the same or very similar to the Turbo 2 leather back.

Does the leather back feel cheap? Nice material? Do you frequently have to clean it? I am thinking of getting it in the light tan or brown color...maybe black if that's better.

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I like it quite a bit. I got the red, and had a G4 in tan and black prior. On the pure, its got a bit of cushion when you press on it, compared the the G4 having thinner leather that was not cushioned. Has a weird texture, that you really can't feel, you can see it. But its nice nonetheless. Wear is non existent in the first month of ownership, and its naked.

DarrenCarnall

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
I love mine. Got the Cognac leather, and liking it more and more as time goes by and it becomes more matt and more grippy. Softer too I think. You have to be careful with it as it can mark easily (I have a desk holder that I realised leaves marks on the back if I'm not careful) but thankfully so far any that have been left in it simply rubbed out shortly after.

It all adds to the character anyway. I don't think I could go back to a standard plastic/metal back after this. Certainly makes the phone feel somehow 'more'

aspicciati

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
My gf has the natural lather back for the 2014 Moto X - I LOVE how its aged. Pretty sure I'm going with the Moto X now, just trying to decide between the natural vs cognac leather and the white/champagne vs black front.

Anyone have any images of these designs? Or feedback on how the two types of leather have aged (if at all in the few weeks since launch)?

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
My gf has the natural lather back for the 2014 Moto X - I LOVE how its aged. Pretty sure I'm going with the Moto X now, just trying to decide between the natural vs cognac leather and the white/champagne vs black front.

Anyone have any images of these designs? Or feedback on how the two types of leather have aged (if at all in the few weeks since launch)?

Just remember there are significant differences between the 2014 and 2015 leather.

My impressions:
I have the black leather. It harder and slicker than the 2014 leather. There is a texture, it is not a smooth surface. The phone is about a month old and it still looks like it did out of the box. That said, by this groups standards I am a light user.

A number of individuals and reviewers have commented on their impressions. Search in this forum or on Google should give you more than you want to read.

Sullie714

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Yeah there are some who had leather then and leather now and do not like it as well in the current edition. I have the Black leather 2015 edition, never had the earlier one so I can't compare but this black leather back doesn't seem to be anything too special, I think Blueblazer pegs it up above. I also have the 2014 phone with the Mahogany back, I prefer the wood back to the leather.

aspicciati

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Just remember there are significant differences between the 2014 and 2015 leather.

My impressions:
I have the black leather. It harder and slicker than the 2014 leather. There is a texture, it is not a smooth surface. The phone is about a month old and it still looks like it did out of the box. That said, by this groups standards I am a light user.

A number of individuals and reviewers have commented on their impressions. Search in this forum or on Google should give you more than you want to read.

Thanks for that - seems to reiterate the change in texture that I've read elsewhere. I haven't yet seen any "aged" natural leather from the MXPE (only the 2014) - that's honestly what I'm looking for. Was hoping if I waited a few weeks after launch that some would arise but no luck. I've seen that saffiano on purses in some cases seems to not age at all. If that's the case, I may go with the cognac because it starts darker. Ughhhh, decisions, decisions!