Google Maps not locating me. Messing up Moto Assist... Need Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Slowen

May 26, 2015
Visit site
So this is an odd one...

Just yesterday, my Moto Assist no longer detected that I was at Home, and no longer read my texts/calls to me. Moto Assist relies on Google Maps to detect where I am, and when features should be activated. When I checked Maps, it showed that I was half a mile away from home, and I couldn't seem to re-calibrate it to get it to recognize where I really was.

When driving around, if I have turn-by-turn directions on, the map can follow my path after detecting my location. But if you back out of turn-by turn, and just leave it on the regular map, Google Maps can no longer track me, and doesn't pick me back up until I go back into turn-by-turn. If I use Waze, the car is tracked perfectly fine, and can detect my home location.

I don't know what is going on here and how to fix it. I need the Moto Assist feature to work again, and that relies on Google Maps working correctly. Why has it suddenly stopped detecting my location accurately?

I've tried resetting the GPS with an app, cleared cache and data from Maps, turned phone on/off, GPS on/off... Not sure what else I can do, because it seems to to be an app-specific problem.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! (Sorry, if this was long. Just trying to be thorough).

Status
Not open for further replies.