Google Maps Unfolded Annoyance

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Went out and about with the Fold first time today, and noticed a couple of annoying things with Google Maps.

1) I like the use of Add route to Home Screen so I can start navigation when ready, but there is no three-dots option when unfolded.
2) Navigation unfolded favors the right side of screen, both landscape or portrait mode.

If anyone knows how to adjust these, pls let me know.

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Welp, went out yesterday and Maps glitched again. Did the clear data and forced stop to get it to work with drive home. But today it went glitchy again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welp, went out yesterday and Maps glitched again. Did the clear data and forced stop to get it to work with drive home. But today it went glitchy again.
Hmm ..try uninstalling the update and uncheck auto update from play store to see if previous version works until an update is out

Reactions: werkx

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Update: did what was suggested and Maps is reverted to Version 11.72.0302. Took it for a test drive today and the three dots to the Add route to Home Screen is there as expected, plus navigation no longer favor the right half of unfolded screen. But, it's locked to portrait mode, I checked to make sure it wasn't set in quick settings, so looks like an app setting locking it. I don't see it in Maps settings as an option though.

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so looks like the problem with the updated Maps app for me is that it is stuck in the software at landscape functionality. I can rotate the unfolded Fold between portrait and landscape, where the app also rotates but either way it functions as landscape mode. This mode doesn't show the 3 dots for additional options when Directions is selected.

I've sent a feedback of the issue to Google. I was hoping OneUI 6.0 and Android 14 would fix Maps, but it didn't.

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Okay, so looks like the problem with the updated Maps app for me is that it is stuck in the software at landscape functionality. I can rotate the unfolded Fold between portrait and landscape, where the app also rotates but either way it functions as landscape mode. This mode doesn't show the 3 dots for additional options when Directions is selected.

I've sent a feedback of the issue to Google. I was hoping OneUI 6.0 and Android 14 would fix Maps, but it didn't.
Hopefully the next update fixes it

Reactions: werkx