Need quick help to order a x pure or a g4 plus

Wellcraft26

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys, I need ur help to try to make my final decision. I placed an order for both phones, one for me and one for my wife but I'm having 2nd thoughts on my x pure as I know the g4 plus has a 4gb ram vs 3 on the pure, plus the finger print on the g4 plus.

Also, the g4 plus will definitely get the os upgrade to 7.0, did a quick search and it looks like the x pure will get one too but I wonder if the g4 plus will get more upgrades been a 2016 model.

Need to point out that the phones I'm getting are unloked. Need to decide as soon as I can, price difference is just $40.

A bit about me, I use it for heavy Web browsing, lots of Google maps, no gaming, photos and videos.

Concern also in battry life.

ThanKS for any help.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
G4 probably has better battery life. Fingerprint scanner is a nice convenience to have. Otherwise I'd go with the X Pure. Performance, screen, and camera are great on the X.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Motor x pure will get android N but not sure about oxygen. G4 plus is newer 2016 model and will likely to get oxygen . G4 has finger scanner and better camera but slightly slower CPU. (617 vs 808) I would go with G4 even though Moto x pure has better design.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I used my X-pure the same as you describe and it is a solid performer. Used it steady for about 6 months. The 3GB RAM never seemed to be any issue and I certainly couldn't notice it. Finger print sensors never work well for me and I have about given up on them so that doesn't factor into my decision anyway. After three phabs I finally had my fill of that size point and have gone to smaller. I'd sell the X-pure but just not looking for that hassle and wouldn't fetch much anyway. Can't go wrong with it tho and they can be picked up cheap these days. May eventually get "N". So they say. If your ok with the size I think you'll be happy with it. I'm suffering from total phab size phone burnout. Lol!

Wellcraft26

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Thanks guys, I'm a bit worry about any finger print issues so it's not a deal breaker for me to be honest. I use pattern and it's not a hassle for me either. I think my main concern is mostly os updates, but coming from a Samsung s3 which been a great phone I'm pretty sure either one would be a huge improvement.

Reason I'm upgrading is because we have a 2015 vehicle with android auto and it won't recognize my phone and I'm also planning on upgrading the head unit on my truck to a double din AAuto head unit and would like to be able to use both.

Think I just shouldn't worry much about os upgrades, probably I'll be upgrading in about 2 years anyway and go with the x so that way we can test 2 different phones, the x any and g4+.

Wellcraft26

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Hope I don't struggle with the size but I do need a bigger screen, I'm 43 and I know my eyes will thank me. Don't really want to go with something like the s3 I currently own.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Looks like the G4 with 4G RAM is only available with 64G of storage and is out of stock. I reallly liked the fingerprint reader on my N5x but not having it isnt a deal breaker.

Wellcraft26

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Shoot, that's something I didn't see when researching and now that u mentioned I found all that info. I asked on amazon and most have said theirtheirs aren't getting hot, just warm. That is something I really don't want, need to rethink as I have now both at home to choose and return the other.

itslikeimsayin

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a X Pure Edition and my wife has the G4 Plus (64 GB/4 GB RAM model). I think I prefer her phone to mine. If you do a search, I posted a similar thread a while back that might help you decide.

Wellcraft26

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Could u please post that link, pretty sure it will be very helpful to me, as u can see im new to the forum and im not familiar with it.

Thanks for replying.

itslikeimsayin

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Thank u, may I ask you why you think u prefer the g4 plus over the mxp?

I had some screen issues after having my first X Pure for a few months, so I had to send it back for warranty. I could never figure out if they fixed it or sent me a new one, but anyway my current device is more laggy and prone to minor issues. I don't use my wife's G4 Plus very often, but it doesn't seem she has any issues whatsoever. (Although just yesterday some weird lines appeared on her display.) Her phone feels much lighter than mine, which can be both good and bad. It's nice to have less weight, but it also feels a little lower build quality. The biggest advantage to the G4 Plus is the 64 GB of onboard storage and not having to deal with SD cards. Mine and other X Pure Editions are having issues calculating/displaying the correct storage statistics:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-x-pure-edition/742228-storage-issue-what-s-going-here.html

Wellcraft26

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Well, I gave the x pure a try this weekend and took it for a 1 day trip with copilot installed as I haven't connect the phone with Verizon yet as I'm in the trial mode. The battery only lasted 3 1/2 hours with the display dimmed to the lowest setting all the time as I didn't really need the gps, the phone got warm, not very warm but more than I thought. Since battery was dead I couldn't tried it in my way back.

Do the phones get even warmer if they are using data, like if I were to use Google maps?

Kind of leaning more towards the g4 plus as I haven't seen much issues like the x pure getting hot. I would love to keep the x pure but I just want to avoid having overheating issues in the future.

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Well, I gave the x pure a try this weekend and took it for a 1 day trip with copilot installed as I haven't connect the phone with Verizon yet as I'm in the trial mode. The battery only lasted 3 1/2 hours with the display dimmed to the lowest setting all the time as I didn't really need the gps, the phone got warm, not very warm but more than I thought. Since battery was dead I couldn't tried it in my way back.

Do the phones get even warmer if they are using data, like if I were to use Google maps?

Kind of leaning more towards the g4 plus as I haven't seen much issues like the x pure getting hot. I would love to keep the x pure but I just want to avoid having overheating issues in the future.

Hi! That settles down in a week. It's weird, but it does take a full week, then battery life improves and it will stop heating up.

Battery life isn't great in general though. It's just OK. I get a little less than 4 hours of screen on time. I've had my XPE over a year and I've never had it run out of juice completely, but I've come close a couple of times. I keep a battery pack with me if I know I'm going to be in am area where I don't get good reception because that runs the battery down very quickly.

The only time my XPE heats up now is if the battery is very low and it's turbo charging, or if I'm playing one specific game.