AT&T Moto X 2013 5.1 back to 4.44 ??

Bub4444

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

I've hacked previous phones, but that was back when things were a little simpler...

Is it possible to hack my unlocked AT&T moto X back to 4.4.4 from 5.1.0? I really HATE 5.1. Tons of regression and lost features.

If possible, perhaps a guide or link to a guide.

Thanks,
Bub

wmdunn

May 27, 2010
Visit site
You will need to be careful. If you updated to 5.1 via the official OTA, then don't try it. If however, you flashed a custom ROM, then you'll be fine. Might want to head over to XDA and read a little before doing anything.

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
You will need to be careful. If you updated to 5.1 via the official OTA, then don't try it. If however, you flashed a custom ROM, then you'll be fine. Might want to head over to XDA and read a little before doing anything.

Just out of curiosity, why do you say not to try it if you did the OTA update? I too was interested in going back to 4.4.4 due to lost features, and wanted to root the phone.

wmdunn

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Taking the OTA 5.1 update will change the firmware on your phone. Many people have reported bricking their phones by trying to downgrade backwards. Seriously, you should read thoroughly before attempting ... lots of critical info at XDA.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer