Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By paisley99
  • 3 Post By JungleLarry
  • 1 Post By Rocketsaucev2
  • 1 Post By tdizzel
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default If you're thinking about getting the phone, what color are you getting?

I'm getting black

1, i like how the it looks when it's turned off (or in sneakpeak and inital assist screen), all one black smooth modern piece, (kinda reminds me of my palm pre).
    2. i heard that the screen looks better against a black trim.
    3. i heard the white back gets dirty for some reason and that it's hard to clean? If that's true, man are people gonna be ticked off

and i'm with sprint, so no color options, which is fine, i don't think i'd ever be able to choose.

okay, i need to get off this board, for some reason, i'm starting to get bored which leads to posting polls. lol. This is is worse than the wait for the Pre, and that was like 6 months! lol Maybe it's cuz i can't believe i still have to check the weather by hand.
    Last edited by paisley99; 08-12-2013 at 11:08 AM.
    Darth Spock likes this.

Default Re: If you're thinking about getting the phone, what color are you getting?

I'm getting the black version, my wife is getting the white version.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

Default Re: If you're thinking about getting the phone, what color are you getting?

I will wait until November, and I will order the ebony with the black front.

ChuckG73, Astrotrain00 and Ry like this.

Global Posts
    1,579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

1.black front with cement gray back with blue accents. Back Material Ceramic or Metal or Standard.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by JungleLarry View Post
    I will wait until November, and I will order the ebony with the black front.
    that is going to be crazy, i heard it might be very hard to do, do you think they'll def. get it out? If it's limited edition, i'm buying one for ebay. lol.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,993 Global Posts

The wood is intriguing. White with bamboo or teak would probably look elegant.

But I think I may go with the white front, a red back, with black accents (SDSU Aztecs, Chicago Bulls) OR white front, a blue back, with yellow accents (San Diego Chargers). Will definitely be putting it in a clear case though.

Hurry up with your exclusivity, AT&T. I need this on Verizon.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

I live in San Diego too.

RE: Bamboo with white front, that was originally going to be my first choice, but then I started to rethink it based on this

I'd be careful with the combination of a white front faceplate and the AMOLED screen. We all know that AMOLED devices don't have the best color reproduction, and having a white reference right next to the screen will probably make it look worse.

That's all speculation, of course, since I haven't actually seen the device in person. Just going off what I've seen on videos.
    So I'd like to see how good the whites on the screen look next to the white bezel before I change my mind. Good thing I get to wait a few months.

All black, Verizon

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
    ChuckG73 likes this.

I live in San Diego too.

RE: Bamboo with white front, that was originally going to be my first choice, but then I started to rethink it based on this

So I'd like to see how good the whites on the screen look next to the white bezel before I change my mind. Good thing I get to wait a few months.
    this was confirmed in one of the detailed reviews from the major blogs. stay away from white.

I don't wanna wait until November to get a new phone, but I totally would if they made a clear one. I wanna see some phone innards.
    I customized my signature using Motomaker
    ChuckG73 likes this.

clear phone sounds amazing!
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    The wood is intriguing. White with bamboo or teak would probably look elegant.

But I think I may go with the white front, a red back, with black accents (SDSU Aztecs, Chicago Bulls) OR white front, a blue back, with yellow accents (San Diego Chargers). Will definitely be putting it in a clear case though.

Hurry up with your exclusivity, AT&T. I need this on Verizon.
    How much do you think these will cost? i'm guessing $100 more? can't be $50, everyone would have one, but $100 people might find disturbing.

Definitely the black front but I have a thing for red. So either the bright red with the black or crimson accents or perhaps the crimson (which would closely match my car's color) with either the black or silver accents.

The sole disappointment for me is that the weaved backs are only available in black or white. That pattern would rock on all of the colors, IMO.

If you're thinking about getting the phone, what color are you getting?-motox.png

Global Posts
    1,184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Whatever color the developer edition is for Verizon.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,993 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paisley99 View Post
    How much do you think these will cost? i'm guessing $100 more? can't be $50, everyone would have one, but $100 people might find disturbing.
    The wood? Actually, I'm not expecting them to cost extra. If they do, maybe $50 more.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums