touchless control and stored credentials

mert23

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
So I got my moto x a few days ago and love it so far. The touchless control is really cool, but I've run into a bit of an issue.

To use a VPN you've got to store the credentials, and to do that you have to set a screen lock pin or password. And that sort of defeats the whole purpose of touchless control when you've got to, well, touch your phone for it to work.

Any solution for this or are we just out of luck in that situation?

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
So I got my moto x a few days ago and love it so far. The touchless control is really cool, but I've run into a bit of an issue.

To use a VPN you've got to store the credentials, and to do that you have to set a screen lock pin or password. And that sort of defeats the whole purpose of touchless control when you've got to, well, touch your phone for it to work.

Any solution for this or are we just out of luck in that situation?

The moto skip, a magnetic cloth like clip that can be tapped on the back of the phone, is used to open your phone without typing password. Works great with touchless as well. However, I use to cling it to the back of the phone since its magnetic, and it would act without asking passwords until the last OTA update. Apparently the skip kept turning my phone back on eventhough i tried to turn it off. I am unsure if its fixed but motorola does know about it. If anything, you can just tap the back like any other NFC and it works great.

There is also something called Bluetooth trusted, which unlocks your phone when your near a trusted Bluetooth device.

Posted via Android Central App

chr1sny

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendations. I'm planning to get a moto x from moto maker this Monday. I like the sound of that blue tooth trusted tool.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

hobojoe196061

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Edit: should probably read comments all the way through before replying haha....

You may want to try using trusted Bluetooth. I have not personally tested it yet, but from what I've read, this might be your best solution. Jerry posted an article about a Bluetooth keychain a couple weeks back that talks about trusted Bluetooth. I'll try to edit the link in later.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Edit: should probably read comments all the way through before replying haha....

You may want to try using trusted Bluetooth. I have not personally tested it yet, but from what I've read, this might be your best solution. Jerry posted an article about a Bluetooth keychain a couple weeks back that talks about trusted Bluetooth. I'll try to edit the link in later.

I didn't find the thread for the bluetooth keychain, but i found this article from Jerry

chr1sny

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for so much for the key chain idea and article. I'm definitely going to grab one of those. It seems like the exact type of work around I need to get around my work exchange account's requirement that I have a Pin lock on my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrystalLewis