- 5 Posts
Moto X in Canada on other providers.
Can the Moto X be used on other providers in Canada (it's only available through Rogers)? Can it be unlocked and used to it's full potential on say, Bell? I don't want to switch providers but I want this phone. I'm considering buying it outright but is it unlockable? Is the google now service specific to a provider or does it just need any internet connection?
- 10-16-2013, 05:21 PM #2
- 10-16-2013, 09:23 PM #3
- 18 Posts
Re: Moto X in Canada on other providers.
Yes, the Rogers version will work great on Telus, Bell, Koodo, Virgin, Fido etc. They are locked but its only 8 dollars to get the unlock code. You still get updates just fine and all features of the phone work perfect. The Rogers version is approved to have the bootloader unlocked via Motorola if you decide you want that and there is no bloat software installed, no Rogers branding at all on the hardware or in the software.
No plan pricing is generally 599.99 though but I have come across a few places that would sell it for 549.99. I ended up finding a great deal on craigslist for mine, using it on Koodo.
- By Super Turtleman in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 17Last Post: 11-04-2013, 05:19 AM
- By ram1220 in forum Sprint HTC OneReplies: 4Last Post: 10-17-2013, 03:59 PM
- By Moltres_rider in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 3Last Post: 10-16-2013, 04:39 PM
- By Moltres_rider in forum Droid RAZRReplies: 1Last Post: 10-16-2013, 04:27 PM
- By topgunn11 in forum Droid RAZR MReplies: 0Last Post: 10-16-2013, 04:12 PM