Question Xplore Mobile popup

lostintheoutback

Nov 13, 2023
Visit site
So I bought a used unlocked Samsung S21 Plus that I am using on Total Wireless by Verizon. Every time I am at work using the work wifi, I get a pop up every couple 5 minutes. ( its a hospital and no one else has this happen that I am aware) It states " Switch to Xplore Mobile ? ( sometimes it will say switch to Verizon) If you switch , your phone will restart to install apps and features from Xplore Mobile. Some apps installed by your current service provider will be removed and the app data will be erased. " When that pop up is on the screen, you can do nothing until goes away in about 2- 3 minutes. When I got the phone I installed the same apps I had on my other phone, nothing new, and I Where is this coming from and how do I get rid of it ? Do I need to reset the phone back to factory setting?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Xplore Mobile is a wireless provider in Canada -- is that where you are?

Are you currently using an eSIM or physical SIM from Verizon? If you're using an eSIM, then make sure a physical SIM card from Xplore isn't in the SIM tra. If you're using a physical SIM from Verizon, then check the eSIM menu in the system settings and see if there's anything about Xplore there.

lostintheoutback

Nov 13, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Xplore Mobile is a wireless provider in Canada -- is that where you are?

Are you currently using an eSIM or physical SIM from Verizon? If you're using an eSIM, then make sure a physical SIM card from Xplore isn't in the SIM tra. If you're using a physical SIM from Verizon, then check the eSIM menu in the system settings and see if there's anything about Xplore there.
I am in the US. I have an actual sim card from total wireless in the phone. Looking in Settings. I do have an eSIM number. But I do not know where it came from. Nor do I see an option to delete it.

Last edited by a moderator: