Tether on a Stock Non-Rooted Moto X!
Works on KitKat too!
I was curious if my old tether app would work and turns it does. EasyTether doesn't do WiFi but it does do USB and Bluetooth tethering. I prefer USB tethering over WiFi because WiFi forces both data and WiFi radios to be constantly running and will burn up your battery really quick. It will also make your phone run hot so that it may prevent it from properly charging. I've never had those problems using USB tethering, it will run all day. Plus you can easily setup your laptop to be a WiFi hotspot instead.
EasyTether comes in a free (Lite) version as well as the Pro version. The Lite version works with everything but secure sites or protocols. No https or VPN. Works with Windows XP all the way to 8.1, Mac OS X, Linux and Android 4.x Tablets.
- Download the version you're interested in. I had bought the Pro version from the Amazon Appstore because I had problems using Google Play due to it claiming "This app is incompatible with all of your devices". You can also buy direct from the developer , or try the Free version first .
- Follow the easy setup guide and make sure you enable debugging mode.
- Download and install the EasyTether drivers for your PC .
- You're not done yet, you'll have to download and install the Motorola USB drivers located .
That's it, Enjoy!
- 12-28-2013, 07:29 PM #2
- 12-28-2013, 07:46 PM #3
- 12-28-2013, 07:48 PM #4
Re: Tether on a Stock Non-Rooted Moto X!
So this thread is directed toward us Verizon unlimited data plan Moto X owners.
- 12-28-2013, 07:54 PM #6
- By coops_351 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 01-03-2014, 12:26 PM
- By FiretoFlames in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 16Last Post: 01-02-2014, 06:30 AM
- By hesham_a22 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 1Last Post: 12-29-2013, 03:22 PM
- By vpblaze in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 2Last Post: 12-28-2013, 09:18 PM
- By mdawdy in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 MiniReplies: 0Last Post: 12-28-2013, 06:24 PM