Motorola Migrate Issue

geekfab

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, just got a new Moto X and I'm loving it so far. I tried using Motorola Migrate to move my data from my HTC One to the Moto X but it's going REALLY slow. I've had it running for about 60 mins now and it's just gotten to 6% (first 3% transferred in the first 10 mins). Is this normal? I know I have a lot of media (probably about 9 GB of pictures and video, no music) but this still seems really slow. Anyone else experience this? Any ideas on how to speed up the process?

A J Benamu

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, just got a new Moto X and I'm loving it so far. I tried using Motorola Migrate to move my data from my HTC One to the Moto X but it's going REALLY slow. I've had it running for about 60 mins now and it's just gotten to 6% (first 3% transferred in the first 10 mins). Is this normal? I know I have a lot of media (probably about 9 GB of pictures and video, no music) but this still seems really slow. Anyone else experience this? Any ideas on how to speed up the process?
Motorola Migrate creates a direct wi-fi connection between the 2 phones but relies on the main wi-fi connection, it this one is really busy, then it slows down to a crawl. Check that out.

anon(4931742)

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

Same for me when I tried to migrate from my HTC One S. It was very slow and I cancelled the migration and copied the things I want manually.

And, There is no option to select what items you want to migrate. See, I did not want to copy any media files like pictures and videos, but I could not find an option to exclude that.

In the end, I used different apps from Play Store to migrate the SMS, Call Logs and SIM Contacts which was far easier and faster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87