ok Google now when it says Hello (my name)

J C7

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I just got my moto x yesterday and when google now says hello is says "hello j" and not "Hello John" How do I change that? I cant find out where in settings. I even changed it from j to john on my google acct.
Thanks in advance.
John

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Supposedly it gets the name from the "Me" contact in your contracts list. It is located right at the top.

That being said, my "Me" contact listing says Ben and so does my Google Plus profile, but for some reason touchless control says "Benjamin" and I have never figured out why.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

J C7

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I found the "me" part and it says J but I can t seem to change it. I have changed it in the google plus buy it has not changed on my phone even after shutting it down and restarting it. Thanks for your help thou

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I found the "me" part and it says J but I can t seem to change it. I have changed it in the google plus buy it has not changed on my phone even after shutting it down and restarting it. Thanks for your help thou

It might take a while for your phone to recognize the change. I know when I changed my name in Google+ from Benjamin to Ben it took until the next day for my me contact to see it. Sorry I could not be of more help. I'm sure there are more people here on the forums that have seen this issue.
Also, I think about a month back I saw a thread about this very thing. Maybe try scrolling down and trying to find that?

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non