OWNERS: What do you LIKE about your Moto Z DROID?

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
So far just about everything. This device is super slick and fast. I thought my OP3 was slick but the Z is smooth as silk. It's crazy how smooth it is.

Also I think the build quality is top notch. With the glass screen and all metal design along with the fact it's thin as can be make it a top build IMO.

Camera is fine for me as well as the video camera. And the Active display is fantastic.

But to top it all off is the Mods. To be able to snap on and off different accessories makes this device tops for me. Cant wait to see what other mods come along the way.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
So far like everything except the style mod that came with the phone. Ugly and slick. However, dropped my Z Force tonight at a restaurant. Hit the concrete floor from table height, style mod popped off but no damage to phone or mod.

Even4steven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the force

Battery life is outstanding- with the battery mod I know I can go all day without a charger !!!
It is very fluid and fast, big step up from my LG G4
Screen is excellent, and it is the right size for me
Plus, I am impressing the heck out of my customers on appointments, when I swap mods, they have never heard of this phone

If you are on the fence, I am telling you, jump right on over that fence and get one

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
So I have used the phone now for over a week now since its release. I'm still amazed by the size. I know many people got the Force for the battery , screen, and camera but I got the Z for the size. The screen is amazing. I dont take many photos but the fee I have done came out fine for me. Battery has been good also.

I am more impressed by the size of the phone. The build is fantastic feels premium and solid. I really enjoy holding it The first device in a while I have used without a case. Build is excellent.

farscape105

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I have had my Z (not force) for week now and I have to say I LOVE it. It is so freaking thin and light. I have been using it without the shell and plan just use it naked. The camera hump doesn't bother me. Also, so buttery smooth and fast. For example, the flashlight chop is so much fast/smoother than my Pure X which I loved. Also, I don't have a problem with battery life, it is about the same as the Pure X. I bought a car charger and it seems turbo charge is faster than the X. I was going to buy the battery mod but I really don't think I will need it. Best phone I have ever had and I understand the negatives expressed but I just love the thinness. It is a joy to carry and hold.

Bold9930

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
So I have used the phone now for over a week now since its release. I'm still amazed by the size. I know many people got the Force for the battery , screen, and camera but I got the Z for the size. The screen is amazing. I dont take many photos but the fee I have done came out fine for me. Battery has been good also.

I am more impressed by the size of the phone. The build is fantastic feels premium and solid. I really enjoy holding it The first device in a while I have used without a case. Build is excellent.

They are very thin which I like, but does the 6+ inch length work for you? For example, how large does it feel in your pocket? The size has always been a bit of a concern for me as I try to balance form with function.

Cheers!

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the force

Battery life is outstanding- with the battery mod I know I can go all day without a charger !!!
It is very fluid and fast, big step up from my LG G4
Screen is excellent, and it is the right size for me
Plus, I am impressing the heck out of my customers on appointments, when I swap mods, they have never heard of this phone

If you are on the fence, I am telling you, jump right on over that fence and get one

With the battery mod on my Z Force, I could easily do 48 hours so long as I'm not playing Pokemon all day and night.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I like the thinness. The speaker is ok and the USB c is good. I hate that since I'm a power user I have to use a mod to get really good battery life. Makes the phone huge even though the phone is soo thin to begin with.
I don't know I'm starting to realize my cons are more plentiful than my pros. Maybe I'm just trying to convince myself to drop $1k on a note 7.

Posted via the Android Central App

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I like the thinness. The speaker is ok and the USB c is good. I hate that since I'm a power user I have to use a mod to get really good battery life. Makes the phone huge even though the phone is soo thin to begin with.
I don't know I'm starting to realize my cons are more plentiful than my pros. Maybe I'm just trying to convince myself to drop $1k on a note 7.

Or exchange for a Z Force...

leetrevor81

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site

Despite having a large QHD screen and only a 2600mah battery I am actually getting 4-5 hours SOT which matches my use with other devices. I'm quite impressed by Motorola's optimization to manage such good battery life in such a thin body. It's not the battery beast like I got out of my moto x play, but it's ok. It is on par with my HTC 10, which I was also impressed with as far as battery life goes.

Me personally I have barely used the battery mod (thought it's handy to have if I need it). I either get through the day without a mod, or I use the fast charger for half an hour in the middle of the day to get me through the night with a lot of juice still left

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I've seen several people complain about the size of the phone when they use the battery mod. I feel that I'd rather deal with the size than to have to find an outlet and hope I remembered my charger. And then have to wait 30 minutes by the outlet. The mod is on when I leave the house and will get me through a full day with heavy use and no plugging it in. If I worked in an office near an outlet at all times, I might feel different. But I love the battery mod.

bytheriver

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Love- size and thinness...very lightweight. Battery has been great for me..it charges so fast anyway if you did need to bump charge midday it wouldn't take long ...Plus there's always the mods. It's fast, no lag or stuttering. The front facing fingerprint sensor (which works very well and fast) and the ability to also turn off the screen via that, very ergonomic. Build quality is top notch. What I'd change- faster focus on the camera and overall better camera, I can live with this for now....this would include getting rid of the camera hump. More cases! Manufacturers need to step up....Verizon was smart and made a bumper only case to use with the mods but it's somewhat awkward....great idea and meh on implementing.. I will keep thinking but that's my list for now..I was a note 7 refugee so size wise it's no problem for me

gotroot801

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I paid off a DT2 to get the Z, and by far the best thing about this phone is the battery life. With the Tumi mod I got two full days out of the phone over Thanksgiving weekend with minimal wireless charging in the car.

wonderbread

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
(1) thin, solid design is very high-end
(2) one of only two phones with Daydream support right now
(3) moto mod future is looking bright with Tango likely and moto committed to 4 mods every quarter
(4) OMG was it a good deal at best buy

Edit: (5) really liking how the fingerprint reader both turns the phone off and on.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez