Is this widget new or have I been missing something?

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I was feeling a bit bored with my current screen setup and was playing around with the idea of adding a widget or two and looking for a few new desktop photos. As I was looking at widgets a window popped up and ask if I'd like the Google widget added to my home screen. Unsure what it was exactly, I agreed. It gave me a widget I don't have in my options.

Is this Google widget something new? It opens Google now and looks a lot like the Pixel launcher option. I'm using Nova Prime as my launcher. 1477248980041.jpg

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I think I've answered my own question. Looks like this is standard everywhere except Nova. I changed launcher and see it as an option.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes I was able to add it as a widget with Action Launcher. I turned the tool bar across the top into shortcuts.
1477256565149.jpg

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
My apologies to change the subject but love the dock with all the icons. How did you do that? Love learning new options in nova prime! 🙂

Last edited:

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
It's actually 7 folders lined up close together. It looks like a dock because of the folder choice I've made.

I couldn't agree with you more, I love learning all the options available in Nova as well. I use my phone all day for work and really like how Nova allows me to set up so many options that make things much more efficient. For me, it's all about quick, easy and convenient.

Edit: sorry for the delay in responding, I lost track of this thread.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Have you figured out what triggered the pop-up question to install that widget? Or--How can I get that widget on my Turbo using Nova Prime as my launcher?

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I was browsing the widgets and looking at the Google options when it popped up. It did this a few additional times even after I placed it on the home screen. Always while the Google widgets were the ones on my screen in the widget options.

Try adding this from the play store.
bca92a136626310246532b7d9391a7e2.jpg

Last edited:

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Go into the widget options and scroll through the Google widgets. That's what I was doing when it popped up for me. I just tried again to see if I could get the same window but nothing. I was hoping to get a screen shot for you. I'll try again later. But each time I got the popup screen, I was browsing the Google widgets in Nova Prime widget options.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
As I keep looking at this, it ends up, this is not a widget. It's just a shortcut to the Google app in the first "play store" screen shot. You should be able to add the shortcut from the app drawer like any other. Not sure why it's showing up with the popup in widget options.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
As I keep looking at this, it ends up, this is not a widget. It's just a shortcut to the Google app in the first "play store" screen shot. You should be able to add the shortcut from the app drawer like any other. Not sure why it's showing up with the popup in widget options.

OK, as I keep on looking at this thread I realize that you are talking about this widget:

Google Widget.JPG

What I'm interested in is this widget:

Weather Widget.JPG

What weather/time widget is that?