can the Moto z force be used with daydream vr?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Nothing has been said so far about whether the Moto Z / Z Force will be Daydream compatible and/or certified Daydream-ready once it gets Nougat. Still waiting on info, though Nougat is supposed to come by the end of the year.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The Daydream videos worked on the Droid Turbo . I would imagine they would work on the Z Force .

Confusingly, Daydream is also and now the name of Google's new virtual reality headset that was introduced with the Pixel and Pixel XL. This topic is about the VR headset, not the old Daydream "screensaver" system app.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I tried the store demo daydream with mine when I got the 7.0 update today. It worked pretty well. Didn't see any issues

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: got my daydream headset

I just ordered one with news that the update is rolling out, and is supporting Daydream. Looking forward to playing, though Cardboard makes me feel a little "off" after 15-20 minutes. Hopefully the higher quality imagery & overall more polished implementation will help with that.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I just ordered one with news that the update is rolling out, and is supporting Daydream. Looking forward to playing, though Cardboard makes me feel a little "off" after 15-20 minutes. Hopefully the higher quality imagery & overall more polished implementation will help with that.

I sold mine...not sure how safe vr is...

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

I loved my Gear VR. Hopefully the Moto Z Force Droid plus Daydream will be comparable

It sounds like most reviewers have preferred the remote control interface of Daydream vs the on-device controls of the Gear VR. We'll see. :)