Reboot Issues???

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Anybody still having rebooting issues after updating to Gingerbread on their D2G? While I've only had 3 reboots since I updated on wednesday I thought it would be fixed by now...

mascotea

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
My D2G has not spontaneously rebooted at all since I got the Gingerbread update during the first wave. Before that it would reboot about three times a week on screen unlock.

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Even after the GB .607 and most recent .608 update I'm still having reboot issues. I already did a factory reset and deleted most of the apps I rarely use, I dont want to send it back to Verizon to get a refurbished one because I know that will just go in circles... They need support for models of phone units that have a known issues.

Even though there are plenty of newer phones on the horizon I still love my phone simply because of the great keyboard and speed. The reboots everyday are just simply not acceptable!!!

underdonk

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Is there a common app you guys are running when you get reboots? Might want to check that out. I know if I'm using nav, listening to a podcast, and have a bunch of windows open within the stock browser, my phone will occasionally reboot... so I don't do that. Just might want to start looking for common causes and then removing those if not critical.

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I think I may have found the problem for my phone... On wednesday it rebooted even after I formatted my SD card and I was all out of ideas until I thought let me swap out my extended battery and put my stock one back in.

To my surpise my stock battery that came with the phone still had a 70% charge even after 10 months sitting in the box lol, but I charged it up that night and ran it all day yesterday with no reboots!

I got a good amount of time out of the stock battery too about 10 hours which isnt bad with moderate use. But hopefully I dont run into the reboot issue again, I would have never thought it would be a battery problem lol.