Screen Protector and Case

someone22

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
What would you all recommend as the best anti finger print screen protector that still allows for a clear picture? Also, what about a case?

Trevst1

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Where do you buy these screen protectors and cases?

I got the Zagg screen protector from BestBuy....and I also paid the extra $7 bucks to have them install it, which well worth it IMO. I've had screen protectors for treos, centros, ipod touches, blackberries, etc...but never had a screen protector that I liked this much. I highly recommend it.

I cant recommend the rocketfish case for the D2, also purchased at BestBuy. The top part, that fits the screen is fine...but the bottom part that fits the keyboard is just kinda loose. I think the problem is in the corner that has the power button and headphone jack on one side and the volume rocker on the other. Because of the cut outs for these buttons, there is only a small piece of plastic to grab onto the corner, and it just doesnt seem to fasten very well.

The D2 seems very sturdy, and I am considering carrying it with out the case...I just hate to scratch it up though. This is actually the first phone I've ever used with a case....but after seeing the difference a case made to the way my girlfriend's dumbphone looked after 6 months, as compared to how her old phones have looked, it appears there is a significant difference in the minor wear and tear.

bbfranknstein

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Droid 2 today, and I purchased the gel-silicone snap case for it. Although I haven't dropped my phone yet, it seems like it will protect it against the inevitable drops. However, it does make typing on the top row of the keyboard pretty difficult. I think I'll just use the case when I'm out and about, and not keep it on full time.

Also, at the Verizon store, there was a nice couple ahead of me in line that were each buying a Droid 2. They purchased the 3 pack screen protector, and just gave me the spare one. Thanks whoever that was!
The screen protector from Verizon gives the Droid 2 screen a great feel while keeping smudge to a minimum. No complaints about this product (especially since it was free)

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
The screen protector from Verizon gives the Droid 2 screen a great feel while keeping smudge to a minimum. No complaints about this product (especially since it was free)

Just bear in mind that it only protects the display part of the screen. The rest of the glass is unprotected and can be scratched. Does anyone know who makes one to cover the entire glass?

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I got the Zagg screen protector from BestBuy....and I also paid the extra $7 bucks to have them install it, which well worth it IMO. I've had screen protectors for treos, centros, ipod touches, blackberries, etc...but never had a screen protector that I liked this much. I highly recommend it.

I cant recommend the rocketfish case for the D2, also purchased at BestBuy. The top part, that fits the screen is fine...but the bottom part that fits the keyboard is just kinda loose. I think the problem is in the corner that has the power button and headphone jack on one side and the volume rocker on the other. Because of the cut outs for these buttons, there is only a small piece of plastic to grab onto the corner, and it just doesnt seem to fasten very well.

The D2 seems very sturdy, and I am considering carrying it with out the case...I just hate to scratch it up though. This is actually the first phone I've ever used with a case....but after seeing the difference a case made to the way my girlfriend's dumbphone looked after 6 months, as compared to how her old phones have looked, it appears there is a significant difference in the minor wear and tear.

I don't recommend that you carry your new d2 without a case. Three days after I got mine I was trying to take a picture and dropped my phone on a gravel parking lot. Yes, it landed screen side down. The silver outline was all chipped and scratched and it looked terrible! No way to fix it at all. The drop also caused a dead pixel to appear on my screen so there was a red dot no matter what was on. Luckily, the tech guy at the vzw store replaced it with no extra charge. Although, I only brought up the dead pixel and I didn't mention that I dropped it. I don't think he would have replaced it if it was strictly cosmetic damage.

I felt horrible after damaging my new phone and I learned the hard way that the silver frame around the phone scratches and chips when dropped. Thank God the drop came with a dead pixel. I dodged a bullet but learned my lesson. Use a case.

As for what kind, I tried the case/holster combo from the vzw store but it's too thick and heavy plus the border right under the four capactive buttons (menu, home, back, and search) protrudes too far out and gets in the way when trying to hit those buttons causing the experience to feel unnatural. I also see that it's thickness makes your room for the top row of keys slightly less but not by too much. It is also harder to slide open the d2's physical keyboard because the hooks of the case are big but at the same time gives you confidence your phone is we'll protected.

However, I'm also trying the rocketfish case from best buy and the front part of the case is soooo much better. The four capacitive buttons feel more natural and the top row of keys are more accessible. Sliding your keyboard open feels flawless because the hooks are much smaller. But I have to agree with you that the top right of the back part of the case is really loose and when you're holding your phone you can feel and hear how loose it is because it squeaks just by a simple press and gets really annoying.

My plan was to pick one of the two and return the other within thirty days but now I'm considering using the front of the rocketfish case and the back of the vzw case. Sucks that there isn't a perfect case for the d2 yet. At least that I know of. Has anyone tried any others?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress