Are all android phones this bad?

kingsden

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed, that my old iPod touch is, well superior in some ways to this phone, and while it's not "bad" I do think they are annoying, allow me to list them:
iPhone, has a softer touch screen, android seems to have a rough one, iPhone is much skinnier, the droid 3 is massive in size, and now that I hold my iPod I realize the big difference. But. iPhone isn't as it's all cracked up to be, the droid 3 has a keyboard, the greatest one ever I might add, it has a better camera, the iPod doesn't which is why my iPod is so skinny, (i have a 2G version), the phone has a back button and search, which helps so much, and the iPods/iPhones spell check is downright stupid, as I've noticed the droid 3's is smarter. So what I have been also wondering is if android even has at least ONE phone skinnier than the iPhone, which I'm pretty sure theres at least one, and could you tell me? One thing bugging me is that my 2G iPod touch that runs on 4.2.1 happens to be 4 years old and the screen is cracked, DESPITE all that, it still has a better touch screen than the droid 3's and I pray that isn't the case, that there is something wrong because that is downright pathetic, and don't call me an android hater, I love android, and the droid 3, (I like boxy clunky phones) and the keyboard is great on it, but the touch screen, and the fact that is broke and I have to get it replaced for NO reason at all is what angers me.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Almost every android phone without a keyboard is thinner then an iphone

Sent from my Triumph

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's simply not true. There are actually very few Android handsets that are thinner. Most (like your Triumph) are thicker. The only Android phones thinner than the iPhone are the Galaxy SII, and the Samsung Infuse.

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's simply not true. There are actually very few Android handsets that are thinner. Most (like your Triumph) are thicker. The only Android phones thinner than the iPhone are the Galaxy SII, and the Samsung Infuse.

This.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
How skinny do you want I phone that has a keyboard. The d3 is the skinniest phone with a keyboard on the market. The ipod is not a phone its even skinnier then the iphone 4 .

letterafteri

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty new here but not new to talking with people in general and I don't even understand what you want???? A skinnier phone WITH a keyboard? Something skinnier than an Ipod? What does an Ipod have to do with a phone? Then you say you love clunky box phones....

You title this are all android phones this bad and towards the end say you love it...

Which one of us is still drunk from last night?

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Why do people have to ask such ignorant questions in forums when websites like this report *daily* on the most banal aspects of *every* phone on the market/about to come to market/still years from market?

Honestly, if you’d just ask, “what android phones are available that are thinner than the iphone?” You’d probably get some good answers. As it is, you just come off sounding like you are barely able to function in society.

Also, FWIW, the touchscreen on the D3 is about average for android phones, based on the ones I've played with. If you find it unacceptable, I think you will find them all unacceptable.

-Suntan

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The OP is blanket stating the D3 is bad and is using odd points of reference to imply such.

I have the D3 and an iPod 4 64gb and both seem the same touch response.

If the OP has a defective device, seems an odd and unwarranted thread title.

patfactorx

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed, that my old iPod touch is, well superior in some ways to this phone, and while it's not "bad" I do think they are annoying, allow me to list them:
iPhone, has a softer touch screen, android seems to have a rough one, iPhone is much skinnier, the droid 3 is massive in size, and now that I hold my iPod I realize the big difference. But. iPhone isn't as it's all cracked up to be, the droid 3 has a keyboard, the greatest one ever I might add, it has a better camera, the iPod doesn't which is why my iPod is so skinny, (i have a 2G version), the phone has a back button and search, which helps so much, and the iPods/iPhones spell check is downright stupid, as I've noticed the droid 3's is smarter. So what I have been also wondering is if android even has at least ONE phone skinnier than the iPhone, which I'm pretty sure theres at least one, and could you tell me? One thing bugging me is that my 2G iPod touch that runs on 4.2.1 happens to be 4 years old and the screen is cracked, DESPITE all that, it still has a better touch screen than the droid 3's and I pray that isn't the case, that there is something wrong because that is downright pathetic, and don't call me an android hater, I love android, and the droid 3, (I like boxy clunky phones) and the keyboard is great on it, but the touch screen, and the fact that is broke and I have to get it replaced for NO reason at all is what angers me.
I don't understand why people want such thin phones when the average American male is over 200lbs. now. Trust me, your jean pockets are big enough for a big phone =op