Droid 3's still Backordered.

fireravenv

Mar 24, 2011
www.addyandgabeshow.com
I ordered one from Amazon almost two weeks ago and it still hasn't shipped. Verizon's website changed from having a ship date of the 30th to September 2nd.

I just wanted to come here to commiserate. I'm looking forward to owning my first Android based phone. The wait is killing me. :p

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
That's a long wait. I'm sorry you have to endure that long of a wait. I had to wait for my two D3s for about a week but not much linger. This is my second android phone coming from a Droid Eris and I have to say the D3 is one of the best phones out there. I don't have 4g in my area so don't care about that. I use this phone outside allot and the screen is awesome in direct sunlight. Dual core world phone just great to have. Enjoy when it arrives.

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I went and ordered me and wife Droid 3's yesterday at vzw store. They havent had them in stock for 3 weeks, along with all vzw stores in st louis area. They said the warehouse has over 50k in stock so we should get them tomorrow or friday.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
That's unfortunate.

I will say that I?m liking mine. Bloat frozen, running Go Launcher, even with an active background (love those little swimming koi) and it runs nice and smooth.

Just called VZW last week to get my GSM unlock code so I can use my Wireless Abroad SIM card for relatively cheap phone coverage in the EU.

Plus the battery runs so long I don?t even bother charging it overnight so much as ?top it up? while at work.

I hope the outages are because of high demand and not because they made small quantities thinking everyone would flock to the Bionic.

-Suntan

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
... or because they made some important design change, leaving the rest of us with outmoded phones of the same model.

-SR-

thisisjjd

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Bought one at the local VZW store. Didn't have any in stock -- said that if we ordered it, they'd ship it within a week. The next day I got a verizon shipping alert email and two days later it arrived.

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
The shipping delay sucks. I ordered mine on Thursday and it should be here next Wednesday so 6 days. I have a feeling it will get pushed back by Verizon though. The guy doing the order wasn't too slick.

fireravenv

Mar 24, 2011
www.addyandgabeshow.com
I cancelled my order yesterday and picked one up at Staples, they had a $50 off coupon which brought it down to $109. Not as good as the $59 from Amazon Wireless, but they said they probably weren't going to ship it out until the week of the 26th.

That being said I love the phone.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Ordered one today for my wife from the VZW store near us. It will ship next Tuesday. Didn't really have the option to buy at a discount price since this is an early upgrade for her on an existing account.

Dualpancakes

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I bet its to make people want to buy the bionic. Before I got my OG droid I wanted to get the htc touch pro 2 and it was out of stock til the big droid release was done. Still I got rid of my htc in 1 day for the droid and loved the operating system since

astro_zombii

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I got my tracking number late Friday night. I had called them in the morning and had asked for my order info (order number and location ID) so I'm not sure if this caused them to forward along the information to my email

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Oh ok. Mine is supposed to ship today overnight delivery. I have my order # but can't pull it up online. If I don't have an email today I'll call and ask for a tracking number.

anon(40612)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Count me in as another frustrated Amazon customer. I placed an order for a $49 Droid 3 on 8/17, and it still hasn't shipped yet, just shy of three weeks. Shipping window is currently extended through 9/20. It's for my wife who is suffering with a Samsung Transform and can't wait to get her new phone. Frustrating that we don't have this thing in our hands yet after three weeks, but I know it's out of their hands.

nickap

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I just talked with Verizon about the internet order (Droid 3 BOGO) that I placed over the weekend. They said they had just been told that the Droid 3s are back in stock and shipping today.

finnaginagain

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
ordered the BOGO droid 3 on the 24th of august, still have heard nothing, website says wont ship till the 12th....... come on verizon i want my dang phone! someone said they would be shipping yesterday so maybe i will get mine today, maybe they just forgot to email me lol.