Problem with airplane mode, sleep and powering off

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So wife has bad reception at work so likes to disable the phone so battery doesnt run down. She used to put it in airplane mode but after a while she said it wouldnt go into it or sometimes it would go but wouldnt get out. She would have to restart the phone. So then she tried putting it in sleep mode and it would freeze up so she would have to restart it. So then she tried just turning it off, but when she would go later it would be back on, on its own.

Anyone else run into this type of problem? She has the most recent version os. Any help appreciated!!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I have never been able to wake my phone from sleep mode - it basically requires a battery pull. I think I read somewhere that applying power will allow it to wake, which seems to be a bug.

I rarely turn my phone off, but it always stays off when it's off. And I've never had an issue with airplane mode (though, honestly, I rarely use that, too.) I always go into airplane mode by adding a home screen widget and tapping that, rather than by long-pressing power and hitting the airplane mode menu option. I wonder if that would be better for her? (So, long-press on a home screen of choice, choose "Add widget", and choose the airplane mode toggle widget.)