Unlocking Droid 3

sheadeadly

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I just upgraded from the Droid 3 to the Droid RAZR Maxx HD and my husband wants to use my Droid 3. He is on T-Mobile though and it is a Verizon phone. We moved all my stuff to my new phone and factory rebooted the 3. We knew that we were going to need to purchase an unlock code but I have been reading that even after we do that and he puts his SIM card in it still isn't going to work. I am still going to unlock it to have an all the time MP3 player with WiFi at home BUT there is absolutely nothing wrong with it so if he could use it that would be better. Is this even a possibility and if so is it something 2 people with next to no experience with things like this could accomplish?

vdeseixas

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi SD shadow,

amazing your list, I have been thought yesterday , but I couldn't find a "how to' try to unlock the bootloader of the droid 3 verizon, can you give me a hand? is it possible? can post the links here?

and sheadeadly, I read in other forum, a guy who used a TURBO SIM, you can buy on ebay, and he manage to unlock his droid 3 with that, I just bought one, and after receive I post the results here.
( the turbo sim guy) Turbo Sim success unlock D3 Subsidy-locked - xda-developers

someone know if is possible to unlock that phone?

sd_shadow

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
the droid 3's bootloader can not be unlocked

that thread is about unlocking the sim card slot, to use GSM networks
Turbo Sim is not recommended, because they burn out very fast, if using 3g data

better to use a sim unlock code from verizon or online unlock site
more on that can be found here Guide - Band Unlock XT862 for T-mobile/ATT

vdeseixas

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
So, I've got a have a nice paperweight!

I'm outside of US and, I couldn't find in verizon site any way to contact then, just if you have account or dialing from the actual verizon phone...

I bought the unlock code from a site:CellUnlocker.com, but no result, the phone accepts the code and says: "The phone is subsidy locked. Pleas contact...", my last hope was the turbosim, but if will burn with 3g not going to be a nice option either...

its a pity is a very nice phone!

and thanks anyway, I f I find some solution, I will post here.

sd_shadow

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
if you are seeing "The phone is subsidy locked. Please contact...",
an incorrect code was entered too many times, and the phone has locked you out.
does it go back to enter code to unlock, or stay on "The phone is subsidy locked. Please contact...",?
if you email CellUnlocker.com, and tell them code did not work, they may have a 2nd code or even a 3rd code to try
if the phone will let you re-enter code.

or find someone with a "SigmaKey dongle" to unlock with

vdeseixas

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes it does, the phone after I reset ask again for the code, and I thought should be right one because if I try any made up number gives a message, wrong number, but if I try the number sent by the site, the mobile accept and go for that message, "the phone..."

I did ask the guys from cell unlock, they told me they will try to find a solution for it. ( i even recorded a video to then)

"SigmaKey dongle" hummm... sounds interesting, so I have something to play my next hours...

I will post here some news...

super thanks again!

arjunligga

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I live in India......mine is also verizon.... i m using a unlocked for gsm for 5-6 months..... the guy cracked it before i purchased from him....