What we know about the Droid 3 ? (Updated with Official Spec.s)

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I think that the DX2 will do much better once Gingerbread is released for it. Every phone has some hiccups when first released. Some easy to overlook until the next update, some not so easy. I've heard mostly positive things about the DX2. I thought about upgrading to it from my DX but it just wasn't as much of an upgrade as I would like it to be. This is why I am holding out for the Droid 3 or the Bionic. Each of these devices has more to offer in terms of an upgrade than the DX2 does, at least coming from a DX.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Apparently , we are dealing with one of two things here :

- a Bad Photoshop editing :
slapping a random picture (Takin outta NVIDIA Tegra 2 phone , like the Atrix) in the Droid 3's Screen which means that the Droid 3 does have OMAP 4430 CPU

- Different version :
Like using 2 different CPUs (Think American Samsung Nexus S -SuperAMOLED- Vs. European Samsung Nexus S -have a standard S-LCD screen-) : OMAP 4430 for the American market & Tegra 2 for rest of the world , which is highly unlikely , due to manufacturing costs & the possibility that the MileStone 3 gonna the same phone (without VZW branding) a "World Phone"

We could be dealing with a case of "Bad PhotoShop Editing" here , which is pretty much a big chance to be the case

Especially that all the leaked (Over the past few weeks) has confirmed that the Droid 3 have "OMAP 4430" CPU & the only proof we have , saying other wise is bunch of pictures

Beside those pictures , we got nothing else to proof its "NVIDIA Tegra 2" CPU

http://forum.androidcentral.com/attachments/motorola-droid-3/10779d1308340910-what-we-know-about-droid-3-motorola-xt883-milestone-3-goes-official-china-2x-copy.jpg

What do u guys think ? "a Bad Photoshop editing" or a "Different Version"

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Bad Photoshop editing. That is what I am chalking it up to. Everything we have seen has indicated the OMAP 4430. It is a possibility that Moto did use the Tegra for the overseas version. Once again, when those official specs leak we will have our answer, although I am pretty sure we have it already.

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I came across this link from the Howard Forums thread. I wouldn't put any type of trust into what they are reporting. The release date is probably wrong for one. They are saying July 11, which is a Monday. Verizon likes to release phones on a Thursday. There are some other interesting things that they say are the true specs of the device but I am not so sure. Anyway it entertained me at least. :)

Review of Motorola Droid 3 USA Released Specs Show July 11 | Blackjack Champ

Reactions: IceDree

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Man, where did everyone go? Anywho, I ran across this by accident when this site says they have some info regarding the Droid Bionic's release date. I don't know how credible this site is or if their source is credible as well. They then posted this about the Droid 3 soon afterwards. This may or may not be the Droid 3 release date but if the screenshot is true, this would be the most concrete thing we have so far. Just thought I'd share it with y'all.

Motorola Droid 3 Release Date Set for July 14th

Reactions: IceDree

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Man, where did everyone go? Anywho, I ran across this by accident when this site says they have some info regarding the Droid Bionic's release date. I don't know how credible this site is or if their source is credible as well. They then posted this about the Droid 3 soon afterwards. This may or may not be the Droid 3 release date but if the screenshot is true, this would be the most concrete thing we have so far. Just thought I'd share it with y'all.

Motorola Droid 3 Release Date Set for July 14th

Thanks for the info & the link
Sorry its been a while , I got busy with my Exams in past few days , but Im done now (Thank GOD)

anyway ,
The link is interesting , but I kinda don't believe it especially with that "Out-Stock Date : 7/13/2013"
Since the OG Droid* was discontinued & dropped from the market in less than a year of it release , the same goes with the OG Droid X* & the soon-to-discontinued Droid 2 series
The picture does confirm one thing for sure , which is a July release

* man , we have allot of OGs these days :
the OG Droid X , the OG Droid Incredible , the OG EVO 4G , the OG G1 , ... etc
& off course the GodFather of them all the DROID by Motorola

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I came across this link from the Howard Forums thread. I wouldn't put any type of trust into what they are reporting. The release date is probably wrong for one. They are saying July 11, which is a Monday. Verizon likes to release phones on a Thursday. There are some other interesting things that they say are the true specs of the device but I am not so sure. Anyway it entertained me at least. :)

Review of Motorola Droid 3 USA Released Specs Show July 11 | Blackjack Champ

In this link they are saying that the DROID 3 will have a 1GB RAM

According to mobile gambling news, the Motorola Droid 3 will NOT come with a wimpy 512MB of RAM but will cruise at 1GB using LPDDR2. According to nearly every insider we spoke to, to run Motorola Droid 3 at 512MB RAM using those specs would be similar to transplanting the brain of a tortoise into a body of cheetah

Man I hope thats true , but I won't get my hopes up so high

They are also saying that it will run Android 2.3.4 !

Last edited:

butler360

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: What we know about the Droid 3 ?

In this link they are saying that the DROID 3 will have a 1GB RAM

According to mobile gambling news, the Motorola Droid 3 will NOT come with a wimpy 512MB of RAM but will cruise at 1GB using LPDDR2. According to nearly every insider we spoke to, to run Motorola Droid 3 at 512MB RAM using those specs would be similar to transplanting the brain of a tortoise into a body of cheetah

Man I hope thats true , but I won't get my hopes up so high

They are also saying that it will run Android 2.3.4 !

LOL, that site is some SEO crap faux gambling site. They may end up being correct but it's not a very good source at all.

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I knew the source is definitely not a credible one but I thought that I would share it anyway. I really hope that it comes with 1 gig of RAM though. That would be awesome, but also make my decision on what to upgrade that much more difficult. I did run across this tonight from My Droid World. Those guys really know everything Verizon Droid related. P3droid and the guys over there have some really good contacts in the know.

My Droid World Forums - Droid 3 coming soon

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
LOL, that site is some SEO crap faux gambling site. They may end up being correct but it's not a very good source at all.

Yea, ... I know
The site looks suspect (I always wanted to use Suspect after I saw "Assault On Precint 13")
But still, its better than Nothing
Plus, we already know the rest oh the specs
I mean the only thing we don't know for sure is the RAM!
But I still hope its true, that its actually 1GB RAM

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I agree Ice, that would be great. It seems like the Bionic may in fact launch only a couple weeks later after the Droid 3 which now makes my decision that much more difficult. But definitely, 1 gig of RAM would be awesome.

double0droid

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site

I agree Ice, that would be great. It seems like the Bionic may in fact launch only a couple weeks later after the Droid 3 which now makes my decision that much more difficult. But definitely, 1 gig of RAM would be awesome.
From what I remember it does NOT have the 1 gig. I thought it had the same as my Droid Charge when i was using it. I will continue to say though that it is not slow. I only experienced minor lag but again I had pre consumer software.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Everyone said the Droid Charge would be slow, and it is NOT slow. The only thing Samsung did was not use ext4 but instead chose their crappy rfs file system. Voodoo lagfix addressed the flie system and its pretty quick device. Of course dual-core, GB 2.3.4 will do the trick nicely as well. There are two things Moto needs to do (other than pull it's head out) and that's ship only unlocked bootloaders on devices and include proper specs. Minimum 768MB RAM on mid range and 1GB on higher end.

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Everyone said the Droid Charge would be slow, and it is NOT slow. The only thing Samsung did was not use ext4 but instead chose their crappy rfs file system. Voodoo lagfix addressed the flie system and its pretty quick device. Of course dual-core, GB 2.3.4 will do the trick nicely as well. There are two things Moto needs to do (other than pull it's head out) and that's ship only unlocked bootloaders on devices and include proper specs. Minimum 768MB RAM on mid range and 1GB on higher end.

I agree. That should be the new standard. I'm sure the Bionic will have the 1 GB of RAM but like double said the Droid 3 is supposed to have 512 MB of RAM. With the faster RAM chips there shouldn't be all that much lag, as long as Android is allocating nicely, but why not help out the OS with some proper hardware. I still may choose the Droid 3 over the Bionic, not sure yet as I haven't gotten to use either and the Bionic's specs are still a little bit of speculation.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I agree, faster RAM will be beneficial and really my phone isn't a mobile gaming device its a business tool, communications device, something I can play a quick fun game on to kill time but its not my multimedia device. The battery life just isn't there on any of these phones without needing to plug in.

The 4" screen also fits my size requirement better and it will be thinner (even with an extd battery) than my Droid Charge which has an extended battery. Its just painful waiting day after day to get what you want.

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Those are all great points. I do play games on my phone but not all that often. The Droid 3 will most certainly have its own set of pros and cons, as will the Droid Bionic. I would like to have some official specs be released for both so that a true comparison can begin.

double0droid

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site

Group,
I am sorry for this and I know it is in the wrong place but I have been asked a favor by a member of of this community and I am posting here because it is here that I am not just a lurker or someone who doesn't give back. Someone who I have had contract with, recently left T-Mobile even more plus plans those not so great values in retro spec $59.99 and now they are trying to charge him an ETF. Before I get flamed about this I have spoken to him about this and he asked my advice for once, he didn't sign a contract, he knows what he is talking about. I call him every once in a while when I need a question answered.
Anyway he is hoping to draw enough attention to this am shame T-Mobile and their customer service to admit they are wrong. Would anyone be willing to help someone who shares our interest.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays