Who's planning to pick one up in-store on D-Day?

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I was hoping to pay full price for this phone on the 20th and hoping to VZW have enough stock and allow us to buy off-contract. Anybody else in the same boat?

Nec3f

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
That's my plan. I'm assuming my store will have them in on the 20th. I remember going though all this hoopla for the Bionic, expecting a line and there was one other person there getting one. I assume it's going to be about the same for these phones as well.
Also, I saw a leak a while back that said they're going to be in the stores on the 13th and on sale (and shipping) by the 20th so, in theory, they could go on sale sooner. I'm kinda hoping that might happen (I'm not expecting it, but I've been checking VZW's site every day).

Is anyone else still figuring out which one they want? I really don't like the red case on the Ultra but I'm not interested in paying an extra $100 just to have a black back and I don't need the extra memory. OTOH, I have a $100 VZW gift card, so I'd still only pay $199. There's a little part of me that's hoping the red one is sold out when I get there so I don't have to get it. Of course, it would be nice to have that much phone for just $99 (after the gift card). I'll just wait and see I guess.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I will be, my Droid Razr is trapped in a ziplock bag in a kayak at the bottom of a canyon. I'm hoping to fish it out eventually, but have to move on. Making do with an OG Droid until monday. Monday can't come fast enough...

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
That's my plan. I'm assuming my store will have them in on the 20th. I remember going though all this hoopla for the Bionic, expecting a line and there was one other person there getting one. I assume it's going to be about the same for these phones as well.
Also, I saw a leak a while back that said they're going to be in the stores on the 13th and on sale (and shipping) by the 20th so, in theory, they could go on sale sooner. I'm kinda hoping that might happen (I'm not expecting it, but I've been checking VZW's site every day).

Is anyone else still figuring out which one they want? I really don't like the red case on the Ultra but I'm not interested in paying an extra $100 just to have a black back and I don't need the extra memory. OTOH, I have a $100 VZW gift card, so I'd still only pay $199. There's a little part of me that's hoping the red one is sold out when I get there so I don't have to get it. Of course, it would be nice to have that much phone for just $99 (after the gift card). I'll just wait and see I guess.

The Ultra comes in black too, not just red

Posted via my Droid Bionic while waiting for my email notification from Verizon telling me when the Droid Bionic will be available

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping to pay full price for this phone on the 20th and hoping to VZW have enough stock and allow us to buy off-contract. Anybody else in the same boat?

Same, although the news of the note 3 and its big battery makes me want to wait a bit before I buy the Maxx. Also I wish there would be official reviews out already.

Posted via Android Central App

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I might. I think I have finally decided that if I like what I see when it's in my hand I'll skip checking out the G2. However, I'm concerned about knowing if there is a car dock that includes charging. That might make me wait. I don't care if I have to wait for it. I just want to know it will be released. I don't want to be stuck with a car dock that sucks. I do a lot of driving.

Nec3f

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Same, although the news of the note 3 and its big battery makes me want to wait a bit before I buy the Maxx. Also I wish there would be official reviews out already.

Posted via Android Central App
There will ALWAYS be another phone just a few more days away and another one that comes out in two weeks and another one that comes out in a month... At some point you just have to bite the bullet and buy one that's on the shelves today (or the one you've been waiting for for a month). Look at it this way, the longer you hold out now, the longer you'll have to wait at the other end to buy a new one. IOW, if instead of getting the MAXX in a week, you hold out for a month, then when the Note 6 or iPhone 7s or Moto Supra w Gorilla Glass X3 comes out 6 weeks before you're up for renewal you'll be pulling your hair out waiting to run in and buy it (then when you are ready they'll be another one on the horizon).

Last edited:

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm definitely going to be in the store to check them out. If I get one of the new Droids, it will definitely be the MAXX. for just a hair thicker it has an incredibly large battery, double the storage and wireless charging. Its either that or the GS4. I don't want a phone any bigger. The GS4 has better specs but I am tired of draining my battery from bad signal when other people have full service. (Have a GNex now). So with the bigger battery and Motorola being know for stronger radios I think I am leaning that way. However the camera needs to be good and I haven't seen many reviews. Men thanks for letting me vent haha.

Nec3f

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
What do you have to buy to make wireless charging work? I assume you have to buy some sort of pad to set the phone on, I assume that's $40 or $50. Do you have to have something connected to the phone or are the coils already in the phone? If you have to have a special case on the phone, that's going to make a big phone even bigger.

kckadow

May 23, 2011
Visit site
What do you have to buy to make wireless charging work? I assume you have to buy some sort of pad to set the phone on, I assume that's $40 or $50. Do you have to have something connected to the phone or are the coils already in the phone? If you have to have a special case on the phone, that's going to make a big phone even bigger.

If the phone has built-in wireless charging (which the Maxx & Mini do) than you just need to have a compatible wireless charger to set it on. See the thread:http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-maxx/303717-charging-cradle-droid-maxx.html

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Well crap, my local authorized retailer doesn't have the phones in. Not that they can't sell them to me, but they don't have them, and they don't get phones in on Saturdays. That means IF they have them Monday, it won't be until mid-day at earliest. *sigh*

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reahs