Who has the Maxx already or picking one up on day 1 (Today)?

dditzel

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
How does phone and 4G compare with the phone you were using previously? I'm wondering if the new Maxx has the same superior radios/antenna as the Razr Maxx.

Radio's seem great. Same reception/bars I had with the Razr. My office has always been a bit weak, however I have 3 bars, but the second i step outside, it's full bars. The radio's on my Razr are what really pushed me to get another Moto phone.

7h 16m on battery and i'm @ 85%. A few emails/texts and another 18 min phone call on top of the previous reports. Again, this is only after 1 full overnight charge

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Radio's seem great. Same reception/bars I had with the Razr. My office has always been a bit weak, however I have 3 bars, but the second i step outside, it's full bars. The radio's on my Razr are what really pushed me to get another Moto phone.

7h 16m on battery and i'm @ 85%. A few emails/texts and another 18 min phone call on top of the previous reports. Again, this is only after 1 full overnight charge

This seems great and on par with ~48 hour battery life. I can't wait for some heavy users to report in over the next few days/weeks.

GMasonDragonDad

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Preordered today! My upgrade availability was the 19th, and would not let me preorder even though it was being released after my eligibility date. I called a local Verizon store and they did not have any available.

LOTL2

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Picked mine up today. Still downloading all apps, but took a bit of work. I walked in the store when they opened and the guy said they had 1 device and couldn't sell it to me off contract. I asked him for the number for corporate and to talk with his manager and low and behold he sold it to me. So far seems buttery smooth. Screen is nice. I am coming from a Galaxy S4 that I didn't like because of the battery life.
Im debating between the 2. I just got back from the Verizon Store and played around with the Maxx and S4. Put the store reps S4 on full brightness next to the Maxx and the Maxx was much brighter. Took the S4 out in the sun and compared it to my Droid X and my X was brighter. S4 was almost unreadable in direct sunlight.

Im real curious to hear your comparison of the 2 phones. I liked the look, feel and responsiveness of the Maxx, but the S4 was no slouch. Funny the Maxx display model had an issue with connecting to 4G, so i couldnt test it out. The 2 wrist twist to fire up the camera took a little getting used to. I think i would just assume press an icon on the desktop but??

Image and video quality looked pretty good to me from what i shot in store. Tough to judge low light scenario though. Hopefully some thorough reviews and comparisons will be coming soon.

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Got mine after 3 attempts.

1st went to my local store. Same place I got every phone I've had in the last 6 years. They were still putting up the display, and then the rep told me he couldn't transfer my upgrade.

2nd went home transferred upgrade. It was pre order only. Online rep didn't believe me that the phone was out and basically said pre order only.

3rd went a couple of Towns over to the next store, and they transferred my upgrade and hooked me up.

Went to work and did a little setting up, but its not complete yet. I still need to move the phone back to my unlimited line. I just put the first full charge on it.

Btw, as expected, the car dock is not available yet. It is always like that. It's like the dock is an afterthought. Cases, chargers, Bluetooth, speakers, everything else seems to be there. Everything I don't need. I passed on the Qi charger for now. I'll probably snag one when I get the dock in a couple of weeks.

Posted via Android Central App

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Picked one up today, port out from my AT&T account. I was trying out a Lumia 1020 off contract, and wasnt too pleased with it other than the wondeful camera. Now on the DROID MAXX and am very excited. Camera seems decent, screen is much better than I anticipated after using an S4, feel is wonderful, Speaker is loud and battery life is crazy!

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Re: Who has the Maxx already or picking one up on day 1?

so youre on pace for about 27 hours battery life on zero to light usage......pretty much zero
and they advertise 48 hours? lol im only buying it if it lasts 18-20hours on moderate to heavy usage

this is why i'm getting the maxx. if their 48 hour claim turns out to only be less than 24, imagine how much their 22 hour claim would be. /shudder

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Who has the Maxx already or picking one up on day 1?

this is why i'm getting the maxx. if their 48 hour claim turns out to only be less than 24, imagine how much their 22 hour claim would be. /shudder

I went from 48% to 25% with initial setup and 2 hrs of screen on time. I'd say that's damn good because that's the equivalent of 100% to 40% on my HTC one.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

rnd0209

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Had my DM since the 19th (called my local FedEx hub when I saw they had it)

I'm coming from a GS4 and I gotta say one thing. THIS IS THE DROID IVE ALWAYS BEEN LOOKING FOR! Lmao. All jokes aside. This baby rocks! If moto came out with this new line before the GS4 they would have captured the GS4's audience.

People need to know about the ultra/maxx/mini. They are just awesomely powerful. And yes I had the HTC 1 on ATT when it was released.

The camera is very good and does better in low light situations then the GS4. I have both side by side until tomorrow when the GS4 goes to its new owner.

clarker07

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Just got mine. Wow. Nothing else I can say that hasn't already been mentioned, but I'm extremely happy and impressed. Came from the gnex.

Wireless charging has already won me over as well.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Fwafwow

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I checked out the Maxx and was VERY close to pulling the trigger (moving from the Gnex), but wanted to see the reviews here. Really loved it, and I didn't think it was too slick - the one I picked up had a bit of a gummy feel to the back. Has anyone used "OK Google Now" yet? I assume there is some range of how that phrase sounds when you are teaching the device, but can the range be so wide that you can trick it with something completely different 3x?

rnd0209

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Well from my experience with the car mode and asking the phone to read the texts when they are announced it is spot on. Even when I had my windows open it could pick my voice out from all the noise. Haven't been in a "quiet place" to set up the active listening thing. Hopefully I'll be able to do it soon.

nikoaudio1

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Went to my local Verizon corporate store today and they had zero Maxx's in stock. In fact, even though today is officially launch day for the new Droids, they didn't have any of the new ones on hand. Not sure how they expect to sell phones when they don't have them. I ended up driving to the next closest store 20 minutes away, which agreed to hold one for me today. I asked how many they sold today and the rep said, "just you." Their stock count on the Maxx? One. Not sure how well this type of merchandising would go over with iPhone or Galaxy release days.

My local store had the HTC One on hand, but wouldn't sell me one until the 22nd. Figured I'd ask so I could share the info with you guys.

Active Notifications and "Okay Google Now" work as advertised. In fact, I'm shocked at how good they work. I'll let you know how battery life goes in the next couple of days. I regularly squeezed out 5 hours of screentime on my stock Android HTC One on 3G/Wi-Fi on a daily basis. It'll be interesting to see how these two phones compare.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Well I got mine full charged today and am on pace for 23 hours off charge time and 10 hours screen on time. Yes 10 freaking hours screen time!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non