Android 4 usability issues on my Maxx

GMasonDragonDad

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it is just me.. I enjoy my phone, but these issues are really nagging me, and I have not heard any commentary about it.

Call answer screen - is there an option to have buttons to answer, ignore or send text message? If I grab the phone, and it is upside down.. I frequently swipe the wrong direction and ignore the call instead of answering..

In Call screen - why is "Speaker" and "Mute" so close to the large hang up button?

Speed dial - MIA

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it is just me.. I enjoy my phone, but these issues are really nagging me, and I have not heard any commentary about it.

Speed dial - MIA

I am not sure what format of speed dial you are looking for, but I use two methods -- Add contacts to home screen and make contacts favorites.
  • To add a contact to your home screen, just add the contact widget (1x1). You will be able to select the number from your contacts list.
  • To make a contact a favorite, just click the star in their contact card and they will show up in the dialer under favorites.

Sorry, I cannot help you with the others, they have not been an issue for me.

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure what format of speed dial you are looking for, but I use two methods -- Add contacts to home screen and make contacts favorites.
  • To add a contact to your home screen, just add the contact widget (1x1). You will be able to select the number from your contacts list.
  • To make a contact a favorite, just click the star in their contact card and they will show up in the dialer under favorites.

• You can also add a direct dial shortcut to your screen and all you have to do is press it and it will dial the number that you have selected for the contact. It's Direct Dial from you widgets.

GMasonDragonDad

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I have a contact shortcut already. Just missing the dead simple way of calling my most used numbers without having to read names under icons.

I use to be able (under Gingerbread) to press and hold a number on the keypad to program pressing #2 to call my wife. I heard that was removed earlier in the year during an update while reading a Razr HD thread.

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Arranging the shortcuts to the contacts on your home screen in the desired order should give you a near identical experience to classic speed dial. You may want to use the direct dial shortcuts as mentioned above.

As far as the answering problem you are having, frankly I've never had that problem, as I never seem to have the urge to answer unless the phone is in the proper orientation. I don't believe the stock dialer allows you to use buttons instead, but you may want to try a full screen caller ID app. In the past I noticed these apps usually used buttons instead of sliders.

sent from my XT1080M

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I agree on not having speed dial on the dial pad, just long press a number. I don't want the third party apps or to clutter up a home screen with direct dial short cuts. Motorola fell short here.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana