Phone Call Issues

Dee74

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
To provide some information I have a 2023 Toyota Highlander, Samsung S22 Ultra and new bluetooth hearing aids.

My phone used to work flawlessly but for the last month the hands free phone will not work. I am not having any problems with the phone connecting but none of my phone calls will connect to the radio. I can answer with steering wheel and screen controls but all phone calls go directly to handset mode and the only way I can talk is by switching to speaker phone on Android Auto and picking up my phone. I have tried switching to bluetooth mode on the screen but the call stays in handset mode.

At first I thought it was the new hearing aids, even though I have been using them for 3 months, so I disconnected them from the phone before connecting to the car but that does not help. I also thought maybe the wireless connection caused the problem but I have tried both the wired and wireless connections and get the same results.

Anyone else with a newer Toyota radio and same or similar phone experiencing similar issues?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked if the BT connection to the car is also set to Phone and not just media? I would also try the usual 'trick': remove the connection between car and phone and re-connect; that usually resets any lingering issues.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Dee74

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
Have you checked if the BT connection to the car is also set to Phone and not just media? I would also try the usual 'trick': remove the connection between car and phone and re-connect; that usually resets any lingering issues.
Yes I checked the bluetooth and it is configured for phone calls.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you try resetting the connection to the head unit? Do you have any other Android phone you could test to see if this is a system-wide behavior or if it's just with your phone?