from one phone to the other

BJsDroid

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
i have a new droid maxx which i love. my question is this, if i buy say a samsung note 3, could i switch my sim card from one phone to the other with out any problems.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
i have a new droid maxx which i love. my question is this, if i buy say a samsung note 3, could i switch my sim card from one phone to the other with out any problems.

Assuming they use the same type of SIM cards then yes you would be able to. I don't think the two devices will use the same SIM card though so it may be slightly more complicated than that. You may need to reactivate the SIM card depending on which phone you want to activate by calling 611 from that device. This should be possible through the automated system.

Note: Back in the day SIM cards used to be one and done. Once activated any deactivation would "fry" the SIM. This is no longer true so you can do it as much as you wish.

arisenfury

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
As long as they are the same size SIM card you can swap the SIM freely and use the phone it's in to it's full extent. However, say you get the Note 3 and the first time you power it up and activate the phone with that SIM, it will now be in the system under your phone number. When you move your SIM back to the Maxx it will still work but won't switch the phone on VZW's end. Really not the end of the world but if you need technical support or something it could make it confusing. You can always update it on the myverizon section.