droid maxx price on vz website $499 wtf

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered the droid maxx full retail for $499.99 but they charged me sales tax on $607.08 which is $37.13 in mass sales tax. I called customer service and they told me I have to call Internet Sales on monday. It doesn't seem right charging me tax on 607.08.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

They have been doing this for quite some time in California. The carriers say it is the State that requires them to charge tax based on the full retail price. I think it is a total scam!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
They have been doing this for quite some time in California. The carriers say it is the State that requires them to charge tax based on the full retail price. I think it is a total scam!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Complete scam. Cali is a joke! Great place to visit though.

Posted via Android Central App

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I purchased my MAXX on September 26. Just called to get the price protection credit because I'm within the 30 day period. The rep I spoke with told me that because I am on the Edge program, the guarantee is only for 14 days. Does anyone know anything about this? The rep said if I could find anything to the contrary, he would give me the credit, bit I'm not sure where to look. Any help would be much appreciated!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered the droid maxx full retail for $499.99 but they charged me sales tax on $607.08 which is $37.13 in mass sales tax. I called customer service and they told me I have to call Internet Sales on monday. It doesn't seem right charging me tax on 607.08.

That is ridiculous because I got tax money back on the $100 credit.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Hmm. I was charged only tax on the $500. I think it was like 29 or 30$ tax

Sent from Droid Razr MAXX HD

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

You're right - it's not right if Verizon has cut the price.

If you are in MA, then next time you buy a phone, drive to a corp store across the border in NH. You'll not pay sales tax and you'd have to burn 10 gallons or so in gasoline to pay more than the sales tax scam you were just hit with. (I live near the NH border and do most of my shopping in NH anyway.)

FreakSquadJK

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
The prices dropped in the store too. Just bought my Maxx yesterday at the 499.

Doesn't seem to be all stores yet, at least - went to 2 corporate stores in central Ohio and both said their off-contract prices hadn't changed.

One said it was $499 on Verizon Edge, would be $649 straight up - made no sense based on how I understand Edge, but I got the death glare after I said I didn't want to change from unlimited data and I didn't want to deal with that when I might go with a Motomaker Moto X in a few weeks anyway.

Sauk

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I purchased my MAXX on September 26. Just called to get the price protection credit because I'm within the 30 day period. The rep I spoke with told me that because I am on the Edge program, the guarantee is only for 14 days. Does anyone know anything about this? The rep said if I could find anything to the contrary, he would give me the credit, bit I'm not sure where to look. Any help would be much appreciated!

Same here yet I paid full for mine on Sept 25th. They will not give it to me. Very pissed! Been a customer for over 10 years with my plan just about 200 dollars a month and they are being stingy about 150 dollars! I am almost at a point with them that I am willing to just pay my damn 350 dollars and get the F out. Their customer service doesn't give a rats behind about their most loyal customers.

redddog

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you. Bought on the 27th and I've spent probably 5 hours (wish I were exaggerating) talking to various levels of management within customer service. Called the local store. Everything. Didn't even get close to a credit. been a customer for 20 years. They all have said, "sorry, you're 5 days out of the window. Nothing we can do."

Then I come here and see everyone breezing in and getting credits. Very frustrating.

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Call the corporate office. I had major issues with my S3/S4 not getting reception and I got fed up with everyone telling me something different. Made a call to corporate and not only got the problem fixed (by getting this beauty), but also got a credit to my account for the time that I couldn't use my phone as a phone.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you. Bought on the 27th and I've spent probably 5 hours (wish I were exaggerating) talking to various levels of management within customer service. Called the local store. Everything. Didn't even get close to a credit. been a customer for 20 years. They all have said, "sorry, you're 5 days out of the window. Nothing we can do."

Then I come here and see everyone breezing in and getting credits. Very frustrating.

Use this link below and find you region president. Write to him about your wanting a credit.

http://aboutus.verizonwireless.com/leadership/area/

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't seem to be all stores yet, at least - went to 2 corporate stores in central Ohio and both said their off-contract prices hadn't changed.

One said it was $499 on Verizon Edge, would be $649 straight up - made no sense based on how I understand Edge, but I got the death glare after I said I didn't want to change from unlimited data and I didn't want to deal with that when I might go with a Motomaker Moto X in a few weeks anyway.

Yep, that's just really weird how they are different prices. The first Verizon I went to the price was still the same $299 so I left. I decided to try a different one on the way home that is actually closer to my house anyways and their price was $199. They said an email was sent notifying them to drop the price. They said the people at the other store must've not checked their email.

I played around with the Maxx at the store where it was $299 and I left up the website showing $199 so some customer wouldn't get ripped off by the verizon store price.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I am outside the 14 days (this is day 23), but I did get the CSR over the phone to credit my bill $70 (the upgrade fee for two phones). Not $200, but better than zero.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Okay, not to be the d1ck in the room, but when a company lowers its price on a car, TV, cell phone, how long after purchase should they let buyers still be entitled to a credit, a week? 2 weeks? A month? Lets face it, whatever return period they give you someone is going to be just a day or 2 outside that specified range, and ***** like hell about it.

octobermagic

Jun 9, 2010
www.facebook.com
Okay, not to be the d1ck in the room, but when a company lowers its price on a car, TV, cell phone, how long after purchase should they let buyers still be entitled to a credit, a week? 2 weeks? A month? Lets face it, whatever return period they give you someone is going to be just a day or 2 outside that specified range, and ***** like hell about it.

Generally it's 15 to 30 days, depending on which state you live in.

I picked one of these up for $199. Absolute BEAST of a phone for the price.

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Generally it's 15 to 30 days, depending on which state you live in.

I picked one of these up for $199. Absolute BEAST of a phone for the price.

Yep, me too. I love the phone so far. I would've been very disappointed with the S4 and HTC One battery life. The note 3 would've been too big for my very small hands. Don't have any regrets. I hear the camera isn't the best, but I take carppy pictures anyways. The ones I've taken so far look good to me.

octobermagic

Jun 9, 2010
www.facebook.com
Yep, me too. I love the phone so far. I would've been very disappointed with the S4 and HTC One battery life. The note 3 would've been too big for my very small hands. Don't have any regrets. I hear the camera isn't the best, but I take carppy pictures anyways. The ones I've taken so far look good to me.

Yep. it's a shame about the camera. I actually had the Note 3 and Galaxy Gear, but had to give them up just because of the sheer size of the Note 3. I actually carry a 5S as well if I'm going to be taking pictures, so I guess the camera really didn't make a difference.
n

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38