Droid Maxx Random Restart While Locking Screen

AeroEngi

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, so I encountered this problem yesterday and it seems that it just started out of no where. I have no idea if it's because of an app or because of the 4.2.2 update. It'll do this randomly but when it does randomly restart, it only does it when I'm trying to lock/turn off the screen. I'll press the lock/power button and it won't do anything. Then, about 5 seconds later, the phone will just restart.

Has anyone else ran into this problem? Any ideas? If so, please help me out here.

Thanks.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Did you install any apps recently? Usually when something like this happens that's the case.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

AeroEngi

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I haven't installed any new apps but I know a few apps were updated yesterday prior to my phone acting this way. I just can't remember which apps were updated. Is there any way to tell which apps were updated yesterday?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't installed any new apps but I know a few apps were updated yesterday prior to my phone acting this way. I just can't remember which apps were updated. Is there any way to tell which apps were updated yesterday?

Play Store > Menu Button in the App @ top left > My Apps. It may show under recently updated.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiousity, you're not holding down the power button for 5 seconds right? If you do, that forces a restart on the device. And if that is the case, it sounds like a hardware issue if you're just briefly pressing the button instead of holding it down and it restarts still.

AeroEngi

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok I think I got it fixed. It hasn't restarted since yesterday. I went through all my apps in the Play Store and found out which ones I had recently updated. Luckily there weren't too many. I uninstalled the update for Google Play Books and that seems to have fixed it. Thanks for the help!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok I think I got it fixed. It hasn't restarted since yesterday. I went through all my apps in the Play Store and found out which ones I had recently updated. Luckily there weren't too many. I uninstalled the update for Google Play Books and that seems to have fixed it. Thanks for the help!

I have that application disabled so maybe that's why I've had no issues. :)

For you it could have been a bad install and you just need to reinstall. I had one user here do that with Google Keyboard to solve his force close issue.

AeroEngi

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have that application disabled so maybe that's why I've had no issues. :)

For you it could have been a bad install and you just need to reinstall. I had one user here do that with Google Keyboard to solve his force close issue.

Yeah I just disabled it too. I don't even use that app.

kkhanmd

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Didn't know you could restart device like that. Thanks. I always complained for not building a restart button

Posted via Android Central App

AeroEngi

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm still having this problem. Anyone have any ideas? I've done a factory data reset and it's still acting weird. It's like the power button only works once in a while and when it doesn't, the phone just freezes and restarts.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd start with a factory data reset and see if that solves the problem. If not, I'd say it's time to call for a warranty replacement.

AeroEngi

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'd start with a factory data reset and see if that solves the problem. If not, I'd say it's time to call for a warranty replacement.

I've already tried a factory data reset and got the same results. Even after the 4.4 update, I still have the same problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays