So I dropped my maxx

Strevino

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I dropped my maxx today (right after I ordered my case) and I got some little dents on it, they don't bother me a lot because they will be covered by the case. I also noticed my camera lens is caved in at the bottom, it doesn't seem to affect the pictures but I'm worried about dust, should I see if I can get a replacement?

EDIT: I forgot to mention I'm in the 14 day period to return it still

Strevino

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Some pictures so you know what I mean
u9e3yjam.jpg

ty8anydu.jpg

y9ahybeb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
It's pretty shady to go exchange it without mentioning WHY you're exchanging it, when you're the one that damaged it.

Strevino

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I never said I wouldn't say what happened, the Verizon rep told me that for whatever reason I could return it for a replacement/different phone.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I think when they say "for any reason" they mean if you don't like how the phone operates or if you think it's too big. If it's damaged by you, expect to pay. Unless you have insurance, accidental damage isn't covered, and Verizon isn't going to foot the bill. I had an earpiece go out and they said I wouldn't have to pay because it was a component failure, otherwise I would've had to pay the deductible. But I'm 99% sure that accidental damage by the customer isn't covered in the 14 day worry free guarantee, only the stuff on their end.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I never said I wouldn't say what happened, the Verizon rep told me that for whatever reason I could return it for a replacement/different phone.

"Any reason" doesn't include damage caused by you. Verizon will look at the device and see the damage and its all on you.

Strevino

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Right, so I got some compressed air and sprayed the camera lens, and it seems what I thought was glass breakage was actually some dust. So in conclusion I'm just crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress