JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Now that the holidays are over I hope they get to work on it

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

Justin Stepp

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I have heard more than a few people say that, but I have only seen a few posts that claim that happened.

Posted via Android Central App

silinthar

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I took the sideload option and DLed it from XDA. Took it right from the website to my phone and followed the instructions as written.

cmdr430

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
What I can't figure out is, we get all these leaks and confirmations about new devices,and os names. But no one can confirm for sure whether or not this update is still rolling out or has been pulled...

Go figure!

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I have heard more than a few people say that, but I have only seen a few posts that claim that happened.

Posted via Android Central App

The public Moto forums had quite a bit of traffic when the software was first released. There were a number of folks with the issue.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Right, it was only a few who reported it. I'm not sure how many it happened to, but it seemed to be enough to be concerning. There sure seemed to be an issue with the update to the recovery partition that didn't work for some people with stock phones. It updated fine on my phone, but I think the smart thing to do was to pause the update until the cause and a fix were found and approved.

See https://forums.motorola.com/posts/944892be33 to read through a few people who reported the problem on the Motorola public forum. There were also a few posts on Google+ when it happened IIRC.

gordie580

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I have also been told it has been pulled. My first phone updated to it fine until I left it on the roof of my vehicle and lost my phone now I'm back to this **** 4.2.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have also been told it has been pulled. My first phone updated to it fine until I left it on the roof of my vehicle and lost my phone now I'm back to this **** 4.2.

Oh no .... sorry to hear about your phone and the roof of your vehicle. My boyfriend did the same thing a few months ago. Hopefully the update will be available again soon. I was one of the lucky ones, knock on wood, who did not have OS issues after the update. I had two app issues and they were fixed quickly by the developers.

thisiscrazy

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I received the Kit Kat update as part of the soak test and bluetooth is now worthless. There isn't anything in the update that even stands out as a must have feature. I wish that I hadn't gotten it.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I received the Kit Kat update as part of the soak test and bluetooth is now worthless. There isn't anything in the update that even stands out as a must have feature. I wish that I hadn't gotten it.

I received the Kit Kat update as part of the soak test and everything works fine. I use Bluetooth with my home phone system, car, and speakers. Gotta love technology.

gordie580

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I think they are doing little batches at a time to see about the bricking issue. I talked to Moto yesterday and they said it is being released in little batches. I made sure I put my Id in with them to get me updated. I miss 4.4 after I broke my phone first phone.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I have KitKat and did have some BT cutouts after the update. Deleting and then recreating the pairing fixed that. I've since done a factory reset, so recreated everything again, and all has been jus as it was on JB. (Not that I'm 100% pleased with this - my phone doesn't do things like read SMS messages or announce callers if I am listening to media in the car over BT. I can live with it, but it's still a bit of a pain. But, again - it was like that on JB.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87