Battery not charging after update

tracyt

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Took the update 2 days ago and since my battery is not charging. Plug phone into charger as usual, lightning bolt appears in battery symbol, but next am battery almost dead. Any ideas???

Posted via Android Central App

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
if all else fails i would do a factory reset. make sure all of your data is synced and backed up. then do a manual one by one resync reinstall of everything.

good luck.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Any ideas???

Try a different charger and cable - even a different outlet. Don't charge by plugging in to a computer - it may not be able to deliver enough amps to charge the device while it's on, causing it to discharge faster. Try charging for a while with the phone powered off.

Those are my ideas. If none of those ideas help, it may be time for a warranty replacement.

jnandhi

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Exactly the same issue with my S5. Absolutely nothing awry happened to it, working perfectly, update (which I tried to cancel but couldn't!) and now just stuck with the charging icon on my screen and 1% battery. Gutted and epic failure. This was my first android after moving from apples clutches but I am sorry to say that might be done.

Took the update 2 days ago and since my battery is not charging. Plug phone into charger as usual, lightning bolt appears in battery symbol, but next am battery almost dead. Any ideas???

Posted via Android Central App