Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default acting strange all of a sudden--thinks memory SD Card changed

My phone is acting weird all of a sudden tonight. My Google Hangouts message was sent from the website, but it didn't copy to my phone. Swiftkey said all of a sudden it couldn't save some settings. Evernote popped up that my SD card has changed and I need to reset something. Texts stopped going (which has been common lately). Rebooted. So far, so good. What in the heck would that have been? I've got this thing in a solid Otterbox. No SD Cards.....

Totally up to date for the Verizon version. No rooting or anything like that.

Default Re: acting strange all of a sudden--thinks memory SD Card changed

Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. It can sometimes help with various problems that arise. Wipe Cache Partition - DROID Mini / DROID Ultra / DROID Maxx by Motorola
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the tip. I do wipe the system cache as well as going to storage and wiping cache of all apps periodically. I'm not sure what was happening but so far the problem hasn't returned, and I haven't done anything to fix it yet.

Sometimes electronics just do crazy things. By powering it off and clearing the cache you allowed the phone to reset it self. i wouldn't worry to much about it.