Notifications, ringtone levels stays silent when master volume turned up from silent

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
This isn't based on the OS version, so while I have the absolute latest version out for the Maxx, that's not the issue as it has existed some time.

That said... why is it sometimes when I turn my master volume on my phone off to silent (turn screen on, VolDown rocker all the way to silent), that when I turn it back on (turn screen on, VolUp rocker to desired level), the notification and ringtone sounds do not always come back up and stay at silent? I turned my volume up, and my wife is texting me and I was getting nothing because the notifications were silent.

What is causing this and how do I fix it? It happens to my wife's Maxx, too. I want the option to keep it silent when I want it 100 percent silent but not have to worry about having to go into settings every time to ensure all was properly fixed. Never had this issue on the Droid 4 or any other phone.

copywrite

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Try linking the ringtone and notification volumes with an app such as volume sync and see if that works. When you use the app you can still have different volumes for the two, but the volume keys will always keep the two the same.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
You can also long press power and then select sound, vibration only or silent pretty easily, rather than using the volume keys.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
There is a sense of relief when I see doogald in a thread.

I'll try doogald's approach first. If that doesn't work, then I'll go the downloading the app route copywrite suggested. If you don't hear from me again on this, doogald's approach is the magic cure, because I'll post if I go copywrite's route.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
But, it is pretty poor that notification volume will be silenced but not increased with the volume keys. That's poor user experience.

Long-press power, you'll see the normal menu that you use to power the phone off. Along the bottom are three icons to change the sound quickly, with the current setting highlighted.