Bluetooth Troubleshooting

supernovab17

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I am having a hard time connecting my Bluetooth to my DROID Mini. First I had the Technocel 360. Next the Plantronics Explorer 395 Bluetooth headset, and then the Plantronics M50 Bluetooth Headset. Each one has failed to connect with the phone. Each scenario the Bluetooth was fully charged but the phone couldn't detect any device. I have a feeling I may be doing something wrong and I wanted to ask if there was anything that I did wrong and/or missed. Thanks.

supernovab17

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Just had something come up under Available Devices on my Droid Mini. Something that began with A7:.... Then it showed me Huawei M635. Next I saw Bluetooth pairing request. To pair with: Huawei M635. Type the device's required PIN usually 0000 or 1234. I tried both but no connection.

rlmesq

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't know your level of tech savvy, but are you sure you're putting these headsets into pairing mode?

The Huawei M635 is a phone sold by Metro PCS. Your phone apparently discovered a nearby phone with Bluetooth open. The A7:... was the Bluetooth MAC address of that phone.

To put the Technocel T360 into pairing mode, it looks like you hold the phone button until the light flashes alternating red & blue. Then your phone can discover it.

(It looks like it's a really cheap headset that comes with minimal documentation. You can find detailed info on Plantronics devices from their website.)

supernovab17

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
For the pairing mode I do have them turned on and I press the call button. The difference is though with Technocel t360 you press and hold it till the light continues to blink. That is when I get the desired phone, go to Bluetooth under Settings and have he phone Search for the Device. For the Plantronics I will give that a look, but for pairing I have only press the call button, the top front of the bluetooth and then I set the phone(s) to Search for Devices. I really thought that was it when it comes to pairing, but I may be missing something/some things.

technolite

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Bluetooth Troubleshooting 2

I'm jumping in here - having problem with my Droid mini connecting with my car bluetooth Jabra. The Jabra connected with my other phones no problem. It is ready to sync and blinking blue. My Droid tells me (bluetooth setting On, searching for bluetooth connections) that there are no bluetooths (teeth?) in the area even though the phone is sitting right next to the Jabra. Jabra still blinking blue ready.

Any ideas?

rlmesq

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Blinking blue probably means Bluetooth is active, but it needs to pair with your phone. Most devices alternate red & blue flashes when they're in pairing mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87