HTC Lock Screen on Droid?

lumpy211

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I apologize if this has been asked a lot, I'm new here.

I've just recently gotten a Droid instead of an Incredible because of the buy one get one deal that Verizon has. I'm pretty pleased with it so far, but one thing that I really like about the Incredible is the lock screen.

Is there any way to get the HTC Sense lock screen on the Motorola Droid? I tried searching the forum but unfortunately found lots of posts where people want to get rid of the Sense lock screen in favor of the stock one, the exact opposite of what I want to do! Preferably I'm looking for a way without installing a new ROM, but I may be open to it if it's the only option available since I have rooted my phone.

I've tried PandaHome's Hero screen, but that's awful because pressing any key exits the lock screen (not much of a lock screen, is it?). LockBot Pro doesn't show charging status, SMS alerts, or music controls, which I believe the HTC lock screen has all of those - please correct me if I'm wrong. I've found from searching that there's a file on Sense powered phones called htclockscreen.apk - can I just install that if I can find it or is there more to it?

I can't be the first person to have ever asked this question, because HTC has a nice lock screen that makes this Droid user envious. Thanks for your help, and sorry if this has been asked lots before! :eek:

hawkfrost

May 5, 2010
Visit site
There is an app called LockPro or LockitPro that does what you are asking. I had it once but haven't loaded it again. It is a paid app but only like 1.50 so its worth it if you really want that look and slider.

lumpy211

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi hawkfrost89,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I can't find the app which you've mentioned, neither Lockit Pro or Lock It Pro. Did you mean LockBot Pro? If so, I've already tried that, and it's close to what I'm looking for, but there are a few deficiencies which I've outlined in my first post (no charging status, SMS notifications, or music controls).

Any other suggestions?