Back to stock before 2.2

Adn1015

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Okay, have been rooted for awhile, and saw that the official 2.2 is supposed to be coming out. Rom i had was UD 5.0 (his 2.2), and was starting to have some performance issues. I was going to SBF route, first downloaded a 2.0, just to go old school, expecting to be immediately told i needed to update. Settings say there are no updates, and a lot of programs don't work on that any more. Finally found the 2.0.1, and flashed that. Same thing. Phone will not go to 2.1, and can't find the unrooted SBF for it. Even tried to update from 2.0.1 to the 2.2 that is supposed to be the leaked official. in recovery, said Assert Failed: File_getprop (..... gibberish. Looks like it says something about the 2.1-update1 fingerprint. I've rooted and unrooted multiple times, and have never had this kind of problem. ANY advice, because I am going out of town for 2 weeks, and need my phone. Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Adn1015

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
PS. Did have rom manager. Tried going to the Stock one via that, and also kept giving errors. Tried that first
Thanks

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Why go back to stock just asking especially when we already have the next update rooted and released just download frg22 and leave the stock kernel you will have the ability to go up to 800mhz and a purely stock build only with such permission. Not trying to be a jerk just want to know

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Why go back to stock just asking especially when we already have the next update rooted and released just download frg22 and leave the stock kernel you will have the ability to go up to 800mhz and a purely stock build only with such permission. Not trying to be a jerk just want to know

That is what I did, but he wanted info on how to go back to 2.1. I agree with you.

Adn1015

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
was having some issues, was starting to show some lag that was enough to be annoying, and just some other little things it was starting to do. just wanted a fresh start. figured by the time i got back in town, 2.2 will be nice and rooted, and just go to that. as for Pappy53, none of those links went anywhere. All said file no longer there

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Edit
Btw the third link worked I'm downloading the update.zip as I type use the androidoverdrive link it works

Last edited:

Adn1015

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
finally got it. must have been looking at the wrong tab in Chrome, because when i tried your link again, it brought up that page. And the third link worked. All good now. Thanks for the assistance everyone.