Help with rooting

DeathBringerZero

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I am considering rooting and was wondering which ROMs and kernals work well together to give me the fastest speeds and great battery life. Would like it if it was stable too. Thanks

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
From what I've seen, each rom/kernel will work differently depending on the device, what apps you run, etc. The best bet is to try them out and see what works best for you.

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
It's the kernel that's the key for the overclocking. And you'll need to get SetCPU (1.99 in the market, I think) to actually overclock. Some kernels only do the stock 550 (I think stock is 550) and some go all the way up to 1.25ghz. It also heavily depends on your phone. Some hardware just can't take the higher clock speeds.

And, as a reminder (I'm sure you know already) overclocking can seriously damage your hardware. Do it at your own risk.

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Depends, honestly. I've had mine OC'd since about five days after I bought it back in Feb. and I've yet to see any problems. I keep it usually at 1 ghz with SetCPU's ondemand profile.

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
You're welcome! I'd advise starting with a mild overclock, say around 800 mhz, and see how that performs for you. SetCPU can monitor batter temperature and core temperature, I strongly suggest setting up a profile that chokes back your clock speed if your temp gets high.

Hot batteries kill cells, leading to decreased battery life; hot cores lead to fried chips. And not the tasty kind with salsa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non