ROM Manager Help

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I've installed countless of ROMs already, but I've always had to do it the "hard" way. That is, I always had to put the ROM zip onto my sd card, boot into clockwork, and select the zip to install the ROM. For some reason, I was NEVER able to install any ROMs via ROM Manager. This is what always happens: I download the ROM via ROM manager successfully, but when the phone reboots to install it, it either simply reboots (doesn't install the ROM, just goes straight to the boot up screen and into my slide to unlock screen), or when it does (under rare circumstances) actually reboot into clockwork recovery, it says something about drive E and not being able to locate it on the SD card. Either way, I'm never able to install a ROM via the Manager. I've changed to older versions of clockwork, I've cleared my download cache etc, but nothing works. Now, I want to install shadowrom 0.2.2, but I can only do so via ROM Manager. Can anyone please help me? Thanks!

SolidOrange

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
have you tried the "flash alternate recovery" option? i have found that sometimes when re-installing ROM manager after loading up a new ROM, i have to flash clockwork mod recovery, flash alternate recovery, and flash the clockwork mod recovery again to get it to "stick". if this does not solve your problem, download shadowrom to your SD from ROM manager, then reboot into recovery manually by turning your phone off and then holding the physical keyboard "x" and the power button until the recovery screen comes up. from there wipe the date and cache, then select "install zip from sd card" -> "choose zip from sd card" -> locate the .zip for shadowrom you just saved. if neither of those solutions works, the problem is out of my league. :eek:

Reactions: luke31

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Luke try this (it always worked for me on the Droid),

Open up Rom Manager. Once it is open, press the menu button on the droid. Go into the "Settings" and look for "Erase Recovery". Make sure there is a check mark in that box next to it. Now back out and flash the clockwork recovery. Now try installing a Rom through Rom Manager.

What this does is it clears any previous recoveries that are flashed (which can cause you problems) when you flash the most current recovery. This should fix the issue that you are experiencing.

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
OK, my problem is, even after checking the block like Brett advised, is that it says "an error occurred when attempting to run privileged commands!"

But then, it does that no matter what I try in ROM Manager.

When I do it the old fashioned way (Power-X) it gives me the old unable to verify signature error message.

As a relative newbie, I'm rather lost on htis... any help would be appreciated.