After rooting, can't backup on Recovery Console

mjones73

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
From what I've seen that error is thrown when the update.zip you're using to root isn't valid. Did it successfully install when you did the install update.zip to root the phone?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
did you flash the custom recovery image yet

If you haven't check out the FAQ

Last edited by a moderator:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Nope no adb just install it. open it and it will download and flash the recovery console. plus give you the option to flash their Rom

mjones73

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
No offense but stepping through it manually at least gives you an idea of what you're doing to your phone, not gonna learn anything just running an app...

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like you did loose it let's hope you still have root if so just look at the faq to install the recovery image again

Similar thing is happening to me.. All I get is an exclamation point in a triangle with a little phone laying beneath it. I'm not sure what happened really. I'm going uninstall and reinstall DMUpdater and see if that fixes it.

luniz7

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
WTF? I tried to boot to recovery console and i get the old exclamation point and triangle. Did i loose Nandroid?

Similar thing is happening to me.. All I get is an exclamation point in a triangle with a little phone laying beneath it. I'm not sure what happened really. I'm going uninstall and reinstall DMUpdater and see if that fixes it.

you guys did NOT lose SPRecovery look here

Loading DroidMod Roms with DMupdater, Reflashing to Older Sholes/DroidMod Roms

matrix2004

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Well it seems i didn't install the ROM that comes with DM updater. After installing the DroidMod 1.0 ROM, it installs the new recovery console which disappeared and it gives you all the 2.1 stuff, live wallpapers,etc. Pretty cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty